Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

#JESUISCHARLIE

More than ever.

People rip the shit out of you on this board but I feel you here dude. #jesuischarliehebdo

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I watched this documentary on Netflix called Don't F with Cats.  Man was that disturbing.  

I saw that come up, disturbing but any good? Recommend?

14 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Michelle Williams talked about abortion. I don't think she said anything wrong. She is just trying to stand for something that's actually right. 

It's her decision and not yours. 

I think people just don't like the smugness of Hollywood celebrities getting paid loads for their movies (or maybe not loads in Michelle Williams case, HAHAHA) and then telling the public about politics. People don't want to hear about politics from rich hollywood elites. Doesn't matter if they're on the same side or a different side of a given topic to you. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I think people just don't like the smugness of Hollywood celebrities getting paid loads for their movies (or maybe not loads in Michelle Williams case, HAHAHA) and then telling the public about politics. People don't want to hear about politics from rich hollywood elites. Doesn't matter if they're on the same side or a different side of a given topic to you. 

I think the issue is most people look at movies and film as an escape from reality while many in Hollywood and the Twitter chattering classes think Hollywood should be used to change the world. 

I find the Oscars were more about glamour and escapism and was a major yearly cultural event....but it has lost that and has become a minor event now. 

Its not that people disagree with the politics, its just no longer escapism...

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the issue is most people look at movies and film as an escape from reality while many in Hollywood and the Twitter chattering classes think Hollywood should be used to change the world. 

I find the Oscars were more about glamour and escapism and was a major yearly cultural event....but it has lost that and has become a minor event now. 

Its not that people disagree with the politics, its just no longer escapism...

That's what I meant by "Regardless of what side they are on". People don't want to hear politics from movie stars.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AndyK said:

I'm not anti abortion or anything, but there is something that doesn't feel right about a room full of Hollywood greats applauding someone who just admitted on stage that she aborted a pregnancy so she could win a golden globe.

Imagine if her parents had felt the same way.

It's disgusting. Not necessarily abortion but the whole attitude towards it, that it's all about women's rights and their empowerment. It's like sure, it is your right, but do you really realize what you're fighting for? Do you really WANT to be able to abort a baby when close to full term? It's disgusting.

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

So iran just sent rockets against a us army base.

Well um shit.

I've been reading more into it. It's "symbolic revenge". They wanted to display some show of force and save face. There were no casualties. I doubt anything escalates too much further.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It's disgusting. Not necessarily abortion but the whole attitude towards it, that it's all about women's rights and their empowerment. It's like sure, it is your right, but do you really realize what you're fighting for? Do you really WANT to be able to abort a baby when close to full term? It's disgusting.

What at the fuck are you saying? 

It's not an easy thing to bring baby to world. 

Do you want a 13 year old girl raped by his uncle to give birth to baby?

Abortion is the right of women. Men shouldn't be allowed to interfere. It's their choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I've been reading more into it. It's "symbolic revenge". They wanted to display some show of force and save face. There were no casualties. I doubt anything escalates too much further.

You said the same thing to me some days back. See where we are now. 

Trump is virus, he will make sure war does happen.