Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I don't drive - due to medical reasons I can't even get a license - and it amazes me how much money I save by not having a vehicle. Or, rather, it amazes me just how little money those who make far more money than I do possess. The fact is, I still get around just fine, and I have the spare cash to arrange suitable transportation whenever needed (flights, charter busses, cabs, Ubers etc.). I miss driving, but God would life be reeeeally difficult if I had to put out a grand plus on a vehicle every month (insurance, car payment, fuel, maintenance etc.).

450K seem to show that people are spending quite more than 15 year's ago

https://www.motortrend.com/news/news041220-costs/

"What Your Car Really Costs: How to Keep a Financially Safe Driving Record." The book (140 pp., $6, ppd.) is published by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER) as part of the research institute's economic education series, and calculates that U.S. consumers, on average, will spend between $240,704 (for small sedans) and $349,968 (for large sedans) on automobiles during their expected driving lifetime.

That said you really do not need to be spending anything like that, if you car is fancy enough that you pay significant insurance that is quite the luxury option for most people. I paid $4000 canadian cash my old car more than 2 year's ago, I had one major repair, insurance is $200 something a year.

4 hours ago, 75Live said:

My friend had Oscar Isaac over her house. It's a long story, but she got to meet him, get some photos and have some time. It was a family thing for him but my friend is not part of his family. But it was awesome experience for her

Did she ask him what his real thoughts on Disney are, given his recent comments? :P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JB33 said:

I don't drive - due to medical reasons I can't even get a license - and it amazes me how much money I save by not having a vehicle. Or, rather, it amazes me just how little money those who make far more money than I do possess. The fact is, I still get around just fine, and I have the spare cash to arrange suitable transportation whenever needed (flights, charter busses, cabs, Ubers etc.). I miss driving, but God would life be reeeeally difficult if I had to put out a grand plus on a vehicle every month (insurance, car payment, fuel, maintenance etc.).

I think the issue if you live in the suburbs...

The uber costs in the suburbs can get ridiculous and taking transit in the burbs is just oof 

Like on Saturday I drove 150km in 4 hours and did 4 different errands, that would be impossible without a  car. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

Did she ask him what his real thoughts on Disney are, given his recent comments? :P

I'll leave that for my exclusive article and podcast 😛

kidding of course lol 

Good news for all you neckbeards who don't like going to the gym.

Sitting in the cinema counts as a light workout, scientists find

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sitting-in-the-cinema-counts-as-a-light-workout-scientists-find-pr66xnpb9?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1578911398

On 1/13/2020 at 2:05 AM, JB33 said:

Driving is certainly expensive, but if you have poor public transport in your area then it's a convenience and a cheaper option that paying crazy amounts for taxis if you don't have buses.

In 2019, just doing some man maths... (and converted to USD)

On my car, I spent:

- Car finance - $3,273

- Insurance - $1,251

- Servicing/maintenance - $701

- Fuel - $2,498

- Damage repair - $142

- Parking - $100 (guess)

In total I make that approximately $8,000. My income last year was about $23,000 before tax, guessing like $19,000 after tax. That's 42% of my income??!! jeezus.

Edited by Avatree

7 hours ago, AndyK said:

Stephen Kings gone and got himself cancelled now. :sparta:

The man is totally, 100% correct. It's hilarious reading the responses to him though, especially from blue check marks. Love it, LOVE IT!

18 hours ago, Avatree said:

Driving is certainly expensive, but if you have poor public transport in your area then it's a convenience and a cheaper option that paying crazy amounts for taxis if you don't have buses.

In 2019, just doing some man maths... (and converted to USD)

On my car, I spent:

- Car finance - $3,273

- Insurance - $1,251

- Servicing/maintenance - $701

- Fuel - $2,498

- Damage repair - $142

- Parking - $100 (guess)

In total I make that approximately $8,000. My income last year was about $23,000 before tax, guessing like $19,000 after tax. That's 42% of my income??!! jeezus.

There ya go.