Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

18 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I was wondering why Kraken was trending yesterday. It has to be the team name. Anything else would be underwhelming now.

Yeah I didn't see what was wrong with the name, plus it's an easy product endorsement from the rum company too 😛 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's because of that flop Cats club (which by the way is almost as "good" as the Blackhat club :lol:), isn't it?

It was such a bad bet on his part. No idea why he accepted it. When I brought it up I thought he was going to refuse it. 

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Was my most anticipated show after Avenue 5 at the start of the year after. Hopefully this doesn't shit the bed like Avenue 5.

For me it was Lovecraft Country, and then this. 

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

For me it was Lovecraft Country, and then this. 

Forgot about this show. Excited to watch this too. It's actually a pretty cool idea to reframe horror concepts from an extremely racist author to explore Jim Crow era racism.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not surprised at all since the studio has been reduced in recent moves to pretty much just a division of Disney films.

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Was my most anticipated show after Avenue 5 at the start of the year after. Hopefully this doesn't shit the bed like Avenue 5.

Looks great. And it will remind people of exactly where the term "America First" comes from.

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Forgot about this show. Excited to watch this too. It's actually a pretty cool idea to reframe horror concepts from an extremely racist author to explore Jim Crow era racism.

And a reminder of how some really talented people can be total jerks. 

Sad to say the discussions of the Coronavirus here has gone into the toilet.

I love the suggestion someone had that people should avoid contact with "Chinese People". The person who said this from Oklahoma so what can you expect.

And a lot of ignorance about science and lot of buying into conspiracy theories.

All in all a example of why I avoid discussions of serious topic at "geek/nerd sites". They bring the fanboy mentality with them,and I can't stomach that when applied to really serious issues.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

And a reminder of how some really talented people can be total jerks. 

Worst excuse I've heard for his racism is that everyone was racist back then. The thing is though Lovecraft was pretty racist even for that time period and his novels even have racist implications. I think there was also a recent game called the The Sinking City (haven't played it but seen some footage of it) that also confronts Lovecrafts racist views.

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Worst excuse I've heard for his racism is that everyone was racist back then. The thing is though Lovecraft was pretty racist even for that time period and his novels even have racist implications. I think there was also a recent game called the The Sinking City (haven't played it but seen some footage of it) that also confronts Lovecrafts racist views.

I don't disagree, but think saying "we should not read Lovecraft " is a pretty stupid idea. read and enjoy him, Just be aware of his prejudices.

I love Wagner's music, but am fully aware of how big a Asshole Wagner was in real life.

• Like 1