Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Annnnd back in time for the Super Bowl! 👍 👍 👍 👍 

(and TCW Season 7 and various other things coming up soon-ish)

Reveal hidden contents

Join me as part of the Fast Family Fanbase.

• Like 3

Me, three hours ago:  "Hey sure Ruk, why not start your usual End-of-Year list today, the one that you've spent the last month or so working on? It's not like anything important is about to drop in the next few hours."

*proceeds to get immediately piledrived by the BOFFY noms*

But yeah, my list has started. All 90 films I saw this year, ranked and reviewed. Also 2019 had two of the best worst movies I think I've seen and I think I went slightly overboard talking about one of them.

Maleficent 2 was way better than it should be, but it's definitely still not great. It's certainly better than the first, and the final battle was actually pretty spectacular. I absolutely hate when a film relies on a deus ex machina, but eh, I hated it here but it didn't ruin the rest of the movie.

Also was kinda happy that it didn't feel like Disney was pulling its punches as much as they usually do. There were actually legit on-screen deaths in this, people getting tossed around, battles that actually have stakes and death. And one instance you actually see blood on someone's face :lol: 

16 hours ago, Porthos said:

Annnnd back in time for the Super Bowl! 👍 👍 👍 👍 

(and TCW Season 7 and various other things coming up soon-ish)

Reveal hidden contents

Just time for Reidemption

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

I am not at all ashamed to admit I'm fairly nervous about the game tomorrow/later today.  Wasn't even that concerned about Elway or Marino back in the day.  But something about Mahomes just gives me the willies.

Him lolrotocoppteing/curbstomping the last two opponents despite being down double digits in both games probably is what is doing it.  To tell the truth, kinda surprised the point spread is so close.  Sorta expected it to steadily climb in the Chiefs' favor.

Not that I'm predicting a loss or anything.  I think it's just this team is so new, especially the defense.  Guess they haven't quite earned my full trust yet (there have been some redonkulous point totals thrown at them after all).   

Intellectually I think I know it'll be a hard fought game. But those last two performances by Mahomes sure leave an impression that's hard to shake is I suppose is what's most weighing on my mind.

Find out soon enough, I suppose.

The Outsider started off as something really interesting but the last two episodes were such a bore. I'm hoping they actually get to the supernatural stuff soon instead of just teasing it.

Also, The Good Place finale was amazing. I feel like there was one character that needed a more developed ending but other than, I was really happy with how they ended it.

Feels weird that all the shows I've been watching and loved the most during the past 4-5 years (Veep, Sillicon Valley, Steven Universe, Bojack Horseman (am gonna rewatch this before I get to the final season), and The Good Place) have been ending over the past year. Really need to find some new quality TV shows to watch now.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Wearing my 12 Fan Seahawks jersey for the game today because I am so totally not at all bitter that our most intense rivals are in the Super Bowl or anything. Also not at all bitter as a secondary Pats fan that Jimmy G. is in a Super Bowl and Brady isn't. ;)

I won't be unhappy with a 49ers win (all rivalry concerns aside), but I'm pulling for the Chiefs given their much lengthier title drought.

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

Wearing my 12 Fan Seahawks jersey for the game today because I am so totally not at all bitter that our most intense rivals are in the Super Bowl or anything. Also not at all bitter as a secondary Pats fan that Jimmy G. is in a Super Bowl and Brady isn't. ;)

I won't be unhappy with a 49ers win (all rivalry concerns aside), but I'm pulling for the Chiefs given their much lengthier title drought.

Richard Sherman runs back a interception for a TD in the final minutes of the game to seal the deal for the Niners. :ph34r: