Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Was I the only one who missed the recent Depp/Heard news?  Seems Rowling and the HP series may have not been wrong standing by him if the audios are to be believed...and seems Aquaman may want to rethink the leading lady.

But, I'm still suspicious of audios online nowadays...but it really makes everything known before very, very murky...and likely wrong...

Edited by TwoMisfits

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Was I the only one who missed the recent Depp/Heard news?  Seems Rowling and the HP series may have not been wrong standing by him if the audios are to be believed...and seems Aquaman may want to rethink the leading lady.

But, I'm still suspicious of audios online nowadays...but it really makes everything known before very, very murky...and likely wrong...

Heard's creditbility is shot, but, frankly, people were taking sides based not on evidence, but who they were fans of.

If Heard was a lot more creditable, the Depp fanboys would still be attacking her.

And you will of course still have the Die Hard Heard fans still support her.

I hate fanboy crap. I really do. who you like on the screen should really be irrevelent in these situations.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

It sucks but I don't think the audio is going to make a difference (even if it's all true at Heard was as abusive as they indicate). She's still going to have a career, while I think Depp's is pretty much over. 

Remember saying in the movie's thread that I hoped Richard Jewell wasn't the only time that story gets dramatized and it turns that are already was another production on the way? lol it's like how just a few months after All the Money in the World there was that FX miniseries that came and went with no one caring. This year we have two Aretha Franklin projects (the latest season of Genius with Cynthia Erivo and the movie with Jennifer Hudson), we'll see which one goes further.

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Lol, an executive literally said that they wouldn't give her a lot of freedom: "But the executive didn’t feel she would have the latitude to continue to make those kinds of decisions."

50 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Not a Disney hate but I agree in this case.

WIth all the money they make, they can afford to take a chance on a less commercial low or midbudget "Serious" film once in a while.

Darryl F Zanuck is turning over in his grave.

Hopefully they'll at least be favoring quality over quantity with the projects that get the green light with the reduced slate at Fox 20th Century Studios (example: would anyone shed tears if things like Stuber or that movie where Kevin Costner was the voice of a dog were to disappear from the multiplex? Not likely), especially after just hitting the jackpot with Ford v Ferrari. Their output this year is mostly made up of things that were leftovers from the previous regime before the acquisition as well, with most of the promising-sounding projects (West Side Story, The Last Duel, maybe that Ben Affleck/Ana de Armas thriller from Adrian Lyne) looking to be saved for the end of the year again.

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Another Showtime show that has elicited a "wait that's still on?" reaction from me every time I've seen it mentioned for a while now. You're free, Liev Schreiber!

Didn't watch it but it is strange (and quite rude for their viewers) to end a long-running cable show on a cliffhanger.