Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

55 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Read this thread. 

Dan Murphy’s is a large big box liquor store chain. Peter Doherty is a Nobel Prize winner for his work on viruses and the immune system. 

*thinks for a moment*

Yesssss.  Yes it could have. :lol: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 BB Zoom, the biggest bet of TVI of 2020, is gonna get smashed by RAP doing some sort of sport in a physical education class :hahaha:

It absolutely did.

On LIVE alone, BB Zoom did 13% / 22.9%. RAP did 17% and The Farmer did 16%. As a matter of fact, when it comes to LIVE results, BB didn't even figure in the top 5. Holy fucking shit.

EDIT: VOSDAL results are in. BB Zoom: 13.9% / 24.5% vs. RAP: 19.8% / 30.6%, The Farmer: 17.1% / 28.5%. BB not even in the top 5. Monster ratings, but let's be very frank: Big Brother got its ass royally kicked.

To its credit, BB did have a 18.4% rating peak (and a 10 minute leadership period after RAP was over) and it led on two targets (15-24 and Lisbon). That's it. :rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It absolutely did.

On LIVE alone, BB Zoom did 13% / 22.9%. RAP did 17% and The Farmer did 16%. As a matter of fact, when it comes to LIVE results, BB didn't even figure in the top 5. Holy fucking shit.

EDIT: VOSDAL results are in. BB Zoom: 13.9% / 24.5% vs. RAP: 19.8% / 30.6%, The Farmer: 17.1% / 28.5%. BB not even in the top 5. Monster ratings, but let's be very frank: Big Brother got its ass royally kicked.

To its credit, BB did have a 18.4% rating peak (and a 10 minute leadership period after RAP was over) and it led on two targets (15-24 and Lisbon). That's it. :rofl:

RAP is a monster and it gets bigger every week. 2nd best hiring from SIC after Cristina Ferreira? I mean holy shit 20% rating?!

BB in that format was always gonna bomb. It is all downhill from here. I mean, who knew people didn't want to see BB on Zoom? It sounded like such a winner...

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

RAP is a monster and it gets bigger every week. 2nd best hiring from SIC after Cristina Ferreira? I mean holy shit 20% rating?!

BB in that format was always gonna bomb. It is all downhill from here. I mean, who knew people didn't want to see BB on Zoom? It sounded like such a winner...

Insane, I know.

I think its results are gonna improve when the contestants go into the house. And Farmer had its shootings cut abruptly, so maybe BB will have some time without that kind of competition as well. But who the fuck knows.

32 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Insane, I know.

I think its results are gonna improve when the contestants go into the house. And Farmer had its shootings cut abruptly, so maybe BB will have some time without that kind of competition as well. But who the fuck knows.

I actually thought Farmer was finished. They are planning on going back to shooting it asap I guess?

When they go into the house it will be old news and nobody will give a damn.

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I actually thought Farmer was finished. They are planning on going back to shooting it asap I guess?

When they go into the house it will be old news and nobody will give a damn.

It is finished, actually. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if they rush out a Season 4 to air right after this one ends,

17 hours ago, filmlover said:

It was probably one of the projects that when Disney was making the choices as to which Fox properties to keep or toss when they first bought them got the "toss" treatment.

I don't even think Fox was developing it, just bought the rights to have them, so they probably did. Pity, it's a great book.

Edited by Morieris

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

@charlie Jatinder @Madhuvan Is Dhobi Ghat any good? I heard some pretty good things about it on some people I follow on letterboxd and am thinking of watching it later this week.

It is slow. It is more an approximation of what a prestige movie should be than an actual prestige production.

If you want a better version of it, watch Lunchbox instead.

• Thanks 1

A24 is currently auctioning off some of the props and costumes from Midsommar and will give the proceeds to COVID-19 groups. Whoever has $30K can put in their bid for May Queen Pugh's giant flower dress from the end of the movie.

https://a24auctions.com/auctions/midsommar-harga-collectibles/may-queen-dress/

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

A24 is currently auctioning off some of the props and costumes from Midsommar and will give the proceeds to COVID-19 groups. Whoever has $30K can put in their bid for May Queen Pugh's giant flower dress from the end of the movie.

https://a24auctions.com/auctions/midsommar-harga-collectibles/may-queen-dress/

Hmmm...the last time A24 and auctions were together, it didn't end so well for some people

23 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Hmmm...the last time A24 and auctions were together, it didn't end so well for some people

Let's just be grateful that they aren't selling items from The Florida Project (mainly that dirty maxi pad placed on the window).

https://ew.com/movies/stars-who-almost-played-favorite-movie-roles/

Eddie Redmayne almost played Kylo Ren instead of Adam Driver? Oh man did we dodge a bullet lol.

Gotta wonder what Krasinski's career would've looked like had he played Captain America and not Legend Evans. Probably would've prevented him from making the A Quiet Place movies but I can't picture him in that Knives Out role at all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

https://ew.com/movies/stars-who-almost-played-favorite-movie-roles/

Eddie Redmayne almost played Kylo Ren instead of Adam Driver? Oh man did we dodge a bullet lol.

Gotta wonder what Krasinski's career would've looked like had he played Captain America and not Legend Evans. Probably would've prevented him from making the A Quiet Place movies but I can't picture him in that Knives Out role at all.

Is Closer a film people remember?

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Is Closer a film people remember?

lol not really but they probably threw it in just because it was Julia Roberts taking a role from Cate Blanchett. I can see why either was considered for that part tbh. Usually most of Roberts' roles seem tailor-made for her but that was one of the few that could've fit any in demand actress at that time and they would've done an equally good job.