Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Between this movie, the Chris Pratt show no one likes, and the much-eviscerated (and cancelled after one season) The Time Traveler's Wife, it might be the right year for the Razzies to introduce a Biggest Embarrassment to Come from a Streaming Service category if they also covered TV.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

This is a long read but theres some heinous shit in here.

The SnyderBot Army was funded by Snyder?! LOL, and people were always saying Zack seemed like a decent guy and it was just his fans who were toxic. Was he behind the #OscarFanFavorite wins, too?

Imma need to see this backed up by someone besides Rolling Stone, though, they've come out with other "explosive" stories that fell apart under additional scrutiny. OTOH, I've heard of influencers using bots to goose their follower counts or fans doing it out of their own obsession, so the big names going there themselves is the next logical step.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Was he behind the #OscarFanFavorite wins, too?

I don't think anyone would be even remotely surprised if it was revealed that Johnny Depp did the same thing for a movie that not even his devoted "stans" had heard of, let alone actually saw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

eh, 13% of them being bots is honestly way less than i would've expected.

Fair point, that's still an overwhelming majority of legit accounts. And bots don't necessarily cost that much, it isn't like only A-listers could afford them, or there aren't any fans crazy enough to put their time/money into spamming Twitter to support their fave. Many bot services are less than the price of a concert ticket.

...but it would be an incredibly easy thing for a celebrity to do, or for their publicist to do without the star even knowing about it. "Hey, boss, look at all these tweets that I secretly helped plant, so much engagement, the studios love it! Now how about giving me a raise?" Or the star pushes their publicist to "put their name/project out there" and doesn't want the details so they can maintain plausible deniability.

24 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Fair point, that's still an overwhelming majority of legit accounts. And bots don't necessarily cost that much, it isn't like only A-listers could afford them, or there aren't any fans crazy enough to put their time/money into spamming Twitter to support their fave. Many bot services are less than the price of a concert ticket.

...but it would be an incredibly easy thing for a celebrity to do, or for their publicist to do without the star even knowing about it. "Hey, boss, look at all these tweets that I secretly helped plant, so much engagement, the studios love it! Now how about giving me a raise?" Or the star pushes their publicist to "put their name/project out there" and doesn't want the details so they can maintain plausible deniability.

The bigger takeaway is that Snyder actively encouraged the harassment. He still hasn't tweeted or said anything about his followers laying off of people. Feels like he enjoys that little power he has.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The bigger takeaway is that Snyder actively encouraged the harassment. He still hasn't tweeted or said anything about his followers laying off of people. Feels like he enjoys that little power he has.

That part is pretty indefensible, Snyder himself never had a bad reputation before now. I wonder what the DCEU stars are going to say to this news, you know everyone's bugging Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot for a comment.

15 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

That part is pretty indefensible, Snyder himself never had a bad reputation before now. I wonder what the DCEU stars are going to say to this news, you know everyone's bugging Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot for a comment.

Just now, filmlover said:

This guy is an idiot who burned his career for this. Going after Hamada for some reason despite Hamada not being involved in Justice League at all.

Also, dog piling a reporter thereby proving exactly what she mentioned in her article is a bold strategy.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This guy is an idiot who burned his career for this. Going after Hamada for some reason despite Hamada not being involved in Justice League at all.

Also, dog piling a reporter thereby proving exactly what she mentioned in her article is a bold strategy.

He does seem really petty from all of his quotes that have been reported on in the news tbh. Guessing he doesn't exactly enjoy a positive work reputation either since I can't recall seeing him in anything of interest since Justice League came out in 2017.

I don't know what ipact the fake fans has on WB decision to fund the Snydercut....I suspect that Warners is smart enough to  discount a lot of the noise you get from Fandom..but if Snyder was using shills it is not a good look for hm at all.

And, just confirms what we all knew ..the Snyder version of the DCU is not comiming back.

• Like 1