Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

37 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Based solely on the reviews I read, seems like it was a miscast from the start.

What's wild is that she apparently originally signed on for the project for an entire year and has basically been forced out even earlier than expected due to weak reviews/slow ticket sales/next-to-zero Tony love for the whole production. Has to be deflating arriving at the theatre every night knowing it's officially a lost cause. Sometimes actors are just miscast and chosen more for name recognition than actually being right for the part, at least she didn't go after her critics like Viola Davis did for her panned Michelle Obama performance earlier this year (love Davis but lol come on, she was clearly salty that project didn't work out for her).

Already excited for the Lea Michele reviews lmao. Clearly they producers are trying to salvage the production financially however they can, even if it means the promise of a trainwreck.

Too bad for Beanie that a year ago it seemed like she was about to conquer both TV (Impeachment) and Broadway (Funny Girl) and neither of them ended up working out for her.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Too bad for Beanie that a year ago it seemed like she was about to conquer both TV (Impeachment) and Broadway (Funny Girl) and neither of them ended up working out for her.

Did anyone even watch Impeachment? Maybe the original air date during the 2020 election might have helped it, but there is definitely a thing where any movie or show even remotely associated with the 2016 election participants will drive away viewers. People really don't want to think of that election in any way shape or form.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Did anyone even watch Impeachment? Maybe the original air date during the 2020 election might have helped it, but there is definitely a thing where any movie or show even remotely associated with the 2016 election participants will drive away viewers. People really don't want to think of that election in any way shape or form.

I did. It was...not great lol.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No. Literally nobody. Just like Into the Heights or Jon Watts, there is no solid evidence such thing even exists.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also I finally finished watching the final season of Killing Eve a few days ago and hahahahaha lmfao a big fat NO. Clearly the decision to have a new showrunner every season was a bad idea that was never going to end well.

It's when I saw this tweet that I realized literally no one was watching the show anymore. These are meme moments which didn't become memes

On 7/10/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ozymandias said:

So I'm re-watching the LOTR trilogy on 4K for the first time and I got to this part and wtf? Why? Is this Peter Jackson going George Lucas?

BR

C4pcsxH.jpg

UycLzTc.jpg

:winomg::sadfleck:

Edit:  Maybe I'm overreacting.  The Black/White doesn't look bad in of itself unlike all the shitty CGI in the Star Wars special editions, but the blue in the original really conveys the cold lonely dead winter vibe of the scene better than the Black/White IMO.

The extended edition blurays added a blue/teal tint to the films, never there in the theatrical. The 4ks just went back to the old colour grading. You can see the differences here:

https://twitter.com/Calavera145/status/1075862956481617922?s=20&t=IAYkdphfGwqsOy7OOxuFiw 

9 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

The extended edition blurays added a blue/teal tint to the films, never there in the theatrical. The 4ks just went back to the old colour grading. You can see the differences here:

https://twitter.com/Calavera145/status/1075862956481617922?s=20&t=IAYkdphfGwqsOy7OOxuFiw 

It may have been less blue in the original, but that scene definitely wasn't straight up black and white in the original with some post production dream blurr effect added to the edges of  the frame.

And yeah, I noticed right away when I put on FOTR that the green tint was gone which I was pleased with.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Read about that dinosaur a few days ago. Goes to show that those little arms were a wider phenomenon among theropod dinosaurs. Carnotaurus would be another example.

Edited by Brainbug

I just started watching Abbot Elementary and what do ya know, a network sitcom that's actually funny and not just pleasant to watch. In 2022. How could this be?

Gonna have to start watching Severance, Squid Game (I know, late to the party), and Yellowjackets soon. Ugh, too much TV.

Legit shocked that Chastain missed (even though they clearly watched Scenes from a Marriage since Isaac made the cut) in favor of...Paulson in Impeachment (the power of a deglam lol)? Pam & Tommy (a fine but scattershot series IMO) also ended up being a surprisingly strong contender with its Limited Series nom, I'm guessing it helped that the actors branch clearly ate it up (both James and Stan earned those nominations for their excellent performances). Too bad Maid missed and I'm guessing the many true crime shows ended up cancelling each other out.

Now I'm gonna have to watch Inventing Anna, which I had put off to the side after the meh reviews even though I'll watch Julia Garner in anything (yes, even the Madonna biopic if she ends up accepting it) now.