Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

With Rescue Rangers getting an Emmy nomination, will there be a time when they'll say "Fuck you" to Pixar and WDAS and just have their movies compete for the Best TV movie Emmy?

Nah, they still want those Animated Feature Oscars. 

Watching my third ever episode of Riverdale for the Sabrina crossover. The way the cast are clearly very talented yet refuse to fully hide that they'd rather be doing anything else is just fascinating. 

Edited by AJG

Just now, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Interesting, the recent political comments make sense now...

Apparently he was linked to Dianna Agron all the way back in May? Hopefully, it lasts longer than Irina and Kanye...

he's running.

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

he's running.

In 2024, Bradley's gonna be flying back and forth between Iowa and the Critics Choice Awards, loool...

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

the Weiner girl?

Yeah, that's her ex. Any guy following him doesn't exactly have to clear a high bar to seem amazing in comparison.

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Howling. The producers are looking at this and saying "mission accomplished."

I saw some posters on social media (Twitter, Reddit) insisting that Lea and Beanie were equally famous/popular, so they didn't understand how the show would risk casting someone known for being problematic. Well, here you go, Twitter is not real life and Glee at its height was far more seen than anything Beanie Feldstein has ever done.

15 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I saw some posters on social media (Twitter, Reddit) insisting that Lea and Beanie were equally famous/popular, so they didn't understand how the show would risk casting someone known for being problematic. Well, here you go, Twitter is not real life and Glee at its height was far more seen than anything Beanie Feldstein has ever done.

Glee has likely seen somewhat of an upswing in popularity recently following the release of the entire show on Disney+ (they still had banners up touting its arrival when I was at the parks last week) so it's possible that has helped keep her in the spotlight despite her lack of work in recent years due to her polarizing personality. If E! True Hollywood Story still existed (last episode was apparently in 2015?) the series would make for an obvious episode given the unfortunate legacy it has built both during and after its time on the air but I imagine Disney and Ryan Murphy would never allow it.

This article about everything that went down behind the Funny Girl fallout is...truly quite something. All of it. Hard to pick what's the craziest part of it all.

Inside the Broadway Blow-Up Over Lea Michele Replacing Beanie Feldstein in ‘Funny Girl’ (thedailybeast.com)

“I remember our meeting about ads for the show the day after the reviews came out,” the source said. “It was brutal. We went through what we could say. The decision was made to double down on Beanie, and the joy and fun she was having. It was crazy to say that given what had been written, but that’s what we did. Another strategy was to say how more like Fanny Brice Beanie was than Barbra Streisand had been. We found the few good things people had said, stood by her, and kept going. The critics were not wrong, but we tried to major on Beanie’s sweetness and innocence—but that doesn’t get you away from the brass tacks of ‘You’ve got to be able to sing.’

Dog Shock GIF - Dog Shock Surprise GIFs