Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Sketchers is owned by a man named (checks notes) Robert Greenberg…

He got "excorted out"..eupheism for being kicked out..of the Sketchers office.

Kayne is going to have to learn that his attention getting crap is not going to work any more.

What the actual fuck. I need to see Keanu's reaction to this ASAP.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Keanu likely doesn't care about stuff like this, he minds his business and stays drama free from what I can gather and doesn't have any form of social media. It's a really messed up thing to say about somebody though so Perry needs to settle his ass down.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Keanu Reeves is a horrid actor but trying to use that to question why he should still be alive is sociopathic.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

it's probably because matthew perry is from and is still stuck in the 90s when keanu was one of the biggest punching bags in the industry. someone could make this joke about oh i dunno james corden today and no one would bat an eye. he just hasn't gotten the memo that keanu is basically seen as a saint these days.

i remember seeing a bunch of lame youtube comments that were basically this exact joke circa 2010. y'know "god give us back kurt cobain and we'll give you justin bieber" that kinda stuff.

Edited by CoolioD1

I want to excuse Perry because he's clearly been through a lot in his life (he's been talking about his addiction issues and a near brush with death in recent weeks in the press that he goes in further detail about in his new memoir) but those statements are next levels of cringe. Keanu may be a bad actor, but at least he's successfully avoided the temptation of the dark side of fame.

Edited by filmlover

8 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

He's not a bad actor. He's given bad performances but he's found his range. Not exactly anyone could do Point Break and John Wick and absolutely sell both.

Too bad Bullock is on a hiatus (according to her) because a reunion between her and Keanu (or even a proper Speed 2 Speed 3) would be a license to print money now. The Lake House came out when they were both in odd places in their careers.

UPDATED with latest: Matthew Perry has issued a statement to Deadline regarding his comments about Keanu Reeves, which raised some eyebrows earlier today.

“I’m actually a big fan of Keanu,” Perry’s statement reads. “I just chose a random name, my mistake. I apologize. I should have used my own name instead.”

The idea that Reeves’ name was picked at random seems odd. He is mentioned specifically in multiple passages in the book as an actor who “still walks among us” even as “the original thinkers like River Phoenix and Heath Ledger die.” Perry did not elaborate further.

Matthew Perry Apologizes After “Keanu Reeves Walks Among Us” Statements New Book Raise Eyebrows – Updated – Deadline

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, AJG said:

Do you think we’re… monks or gurus or something? What are you on about? The idea you needed proof that we could be bigots is insane. You thought homophobia, xenophobia, and anti-semitism just stopped existing in black communities? 

Also the problem I see here is that this man said slavery was a choice, Harriet Tubman didn’t do shit, don’t teach black kids black history, co-opted white supremacist slogans and talking points just 2 weeks ago, but it took a (incredibly predictable) turn to anti-semitism before those corporations did a damn thing. This man’s been displaying his disdain for the black consumer for years and adidas was absolutely fine with it.

I think it is a great thing Kayne is getting called out 

Never like the guy since what he did to Taylor Swift lol 

Look, the only reason Kanye got a pass for all his nonsense (going all the way back to the Taylor Swift/VMAs debacle) is because his music, not his antics, usually generated loud enough buzz to drown out his ridiculousness. Now it's his antics that are the only things that really grab people's attention these days, so everyone has no problem cutting ties with someone who is determined to self-implode. Like the Roseanne Barr comparison from earlier, this is one of the more glaring examples of "you've made your bed, now lie in it" in a while.

• Like 1

The lawyer in charge of moderating got fired Gadde...on twitter.

Ironic the person in charge of stopping trolls gets fired by a person who spent most of his time trolling on twitter. 

Seems like a very expensive revenge story. 

Edited by Torontofan

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

The lawyer in charge of moderating got fired Gadde...on twitter.

Ironic the person in charge of stopping trolls gets fired by a person who spent most of his time trolling on twitter. 

Seems like a very expensive revenge story.