Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Meh, it obviously affects the game, there has been many scandals in soccer lately about it, but I suppose that could have been a problem when it was illegal as well. It's just, it's so much easier to do it when it is legal though.

But the worst part? It's freaking everywhere, over here you can't turn on a soccer game without getting bombarded with ads telling you to  bet everywhere and it has actually hijacked some of the sports programs where they literally stop to talk to you about the odds, I find that so incredibly sketchy.

Honestly? I'm fine with betting being legal, the tax money is nice as you said, but I wish it would have the same ad restrictions as smoking. The constant ads is normalizing betting so fast here, it's crazy.

Yeah this. In American football and basketball the ads for betting services are incessant during games, fans will harass players on social media over missed bets, and too many are wagering money they don't have.

Like, maybe that guy was just devastated for his team to fall to 4-3 in the regular season on a random night in October, but all the gamblers were replying, "Yep, that's a blown parlay, he must have lost thousands, lol I've been there."

The industry is predatory. A total prohibition wouldn't work but less ads during games and official league sponsorships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Happy Birthday @Porthos

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Happy Birthday @Porthos

Many thanks! 

Here's hoping that I find a nice present left for me by the folks meeting in Sherman Oaks (or wherever they're at) some time during the day. 🙂 

(Not actually expecting anything from ItsMeCarolAMPTP and her gang. But I'll settle for "Not Blowing Everything To Hell and Back")

((Mind, if they are late in delivering the prezzie by a day or three I won't complain — too much))

Also, while I'm here I'll extend Happy Birthday messages to fellow "Remember, remember the Seventh of November" Scorpios @cookie and @Fancyarcher!  US8NY36.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

On 11/5/2023 at 3:40 PM, Jonwo said:

Is 8 Pages for Ignored Users too much? Asking for a friend.... 

Jealous!

Hi, All. The Weekend Thead is going up on late Thursday night/early Friday morning when we get some actual preview numbers. There’s already two threads for angst or glee, depending on your agenda. We don’t need a third until we do. If anyone else starts it but me, it will be deleted. 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 9:21 PM, filmlover said:

This probably won't be very good but I'm totally going to watch it regardless.

The whole Hernandez saga  is one the NFL would like to forget. I can't see much in the way of official cooperation on this one.

41 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Marvel/MCU thread is a taster of what's to come when the weekend thread is opened. I pray for @Eric Danvers @Cap @ZeeSoh 

Girl, I'm so deep in my Avengers Gilded Age AU that nothing can bother me.  Why do I care about what boys think, when I'm dealing with the absolute scandal of Mrs. Howard Stark trying to introduce the young Mr. Rogers into Polite Society.

• Haha 2