Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I finally saw Lady Bird today, and only had to drive two-and-a-half hours round-trip to do it. (I did do some other things in the area to justify it, though.) I had hoped to double it up with The Disaster Artist, but alas, it's not playing anywhere within a two-hour radius.

The movie was great, but I had Captain Obvious and his date a couple seats down from me - which was weird considering that there were only about a dozen people there. Seriously, this guy commented on all the most mundane things he noticed in a flat, statement-of-fact tone. "Oh, they're [arguing]." "That dress is 50% off." "Her mom is mad at her." 

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

:thinking: 

It's either genuinely entertaining or so bad it's meme-able. No middle of the road bullshit like what makes up the entire middle act of Clones.

Edited by cookie

9 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I finally saw Lady Bird today, and only had to drive two-and-a-half hours round-trip to do it. (I did do some other things in the area to justify it, though.) I had hoped to double it up with The Disaster Artist, but alas, it's not playing anywhere within a two-hour radius.

The movie was great, but I had Captain Obvious and his date a couple seats down from me - which was weird considering that there were only about a dozen people there. Seriously, this guy commented on all the most mundane things he noticed in a flat, statement-of-fact tone. "Oh, they're [arguing]." "That dress is 50% off." "Her mom is mad at her." 

Sounds like the old couple that sat by me :kitschjob:I should really just post a list of some things they said:

AMC's post-trailers/pre-movie thing with Coke:

Guy: "This puts me in the mood for some Pepsi! Ha!" *a few seconds later* "Do we have Pepsi in the pantry?"

A24 Logo:

Lady: "Now this is based on a true story, right?"

Guy: "I believe it's based on the director's life!" 

Random shot in front of a house:

Lady: "What car is that?"

Now for some more spoilery stuff:

Spoiler

That one scene where Tracy Letts is on his computer and the joke is he wasn't paying attention to the argument and was playing a game:

Lady: "Ha! He's playing *whatever game was on the computer*

When Sersh gets on top of Timmy for TEENAGE SEX:

Lady: "Oh god!" 

The morning after sex right before Timmy reveals he's not a virgin:

Lady: "She's pregnant!"

When her brother runs into her dad at the job interview about 10-20 seconds AFTER Letts acknowledges he removed his piercings: 

Lady: "He took the stuff off his face!"

These are just selected ones. There's a hell lot more I'm forgetting.

• Like 1

What are some FYC movies for then Bamboo Awards?

I am currently planning on seeing TLJ, Call Me By Your Name, Shape of Water, The Disaster Artist, Good Time, Wind River, Downsizing, A Ghost Story, Killing of the Sacred Deer and maybe Your Name before I do them later this month (Im still iffy if I want to count Your Name as 2016 or 2017)

I'd especially like some FYCs of indies and foreign flicks I may be overlooking (but I need to be able to watch them before the 30th, not going to delay my end of year list into January for a movie.  Never made that exception before, still won't)

Edited by The Last Panda

It was good while it lasted fam. This is where I say goodbye. I am a man of my word. Maybe we will see each other in another life. Search of the charismatic Portuguese dude with the Star Wars robe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

What are some FYC movies for then Bamboo Awards?

I am currently planning on seeing TLJ, Call Me By Your Name, Shape of Water, The Disaster Artist, Good Time, Wind River, Downsizing, A Ghost Story, Killing of the Sacred Deer and maybe Your Name before I do them later this month (Im still iffy if I want to count Your Name as 2016 or 2017)

I'd especially like some FYCs of indies and foreign flicks I may be overlooking (but I need to be able to watch them before the 30th.)

In terms of Foreign films I wanna see All These Sleepless Nights, The Lure and Foxtrot (all three I discovered on Elrich's best of video), before making my list. I also need to see Good Time, and Killing of The Sacred Deer. Also hopefully Call Me By Your Name comes to my local theater. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sounds like the old couple that sat by me :kitschjob:I should really just post a list of some things they said:

AMC's post-trailers/pre-movie thing with Coke:

Guy: "This puts me in the mood for some Pepsi! Ha!" *a few seconds later* "Do we have Pepsi in the pantry?"

A24 Logo:

Lady: "Now this is based on a true story, right?"

Guy: "I believe it's based on the director's life!" 

Random shot in front of a house:

Lady: "What car is that?"

Now for some more spoilery stuff:

Hide contents

That one scene where Tracy Letts is on his computer and the joke is he wasn't paying attention to the argument and was playing a game:

Lady: "Ha! He's playing *whatever game was on the computer*

When Sersh gets on top of Timmy for TEENAGE SEX:

Lady: "Oh god!" 

The morning after sex right before Timmy reveals he's not a virgin:

Lady: "She's pregnant!"

When her brother runs into her dad at the job interview about 10-20 seconds AFTER Letts acknowledges he removed his piercings: 

Lady: "He took the stuff off his face!"

These are just selected ones. There's a hell lot more I'm forgetting.

For some reason,

Spoiler

everyone in my theater gasped out loud when Saoirse found Lucas Hedges making out with another boy in the bathroom stall when I thought it was incredibly obvious he was gay after he talked about how much he respected her while they were lying under the stars. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

For some reason,

Hide contents

everyone in my theater gasped out loud when Saoirse found Lucas Hedges making out with another boy in the bathroom stall when I thought it was incredibly obvious he was gay after he talked about how much he respected her while they were lying under the stars. :lol:

Spoiler

It took me by surprise :hahaha: