Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I think aliens abducted Cameron Crowe and replaced him with their best approximation after Almost Famous. It would explain why all his work since then kinda-sorta sounds like his own, yet gets bogged down by a varying number of "What was he thinking?!" decisions.

• Like 1

Vanilla Sky was one of those movies I really wanted to love, but it just slowly unraveled after the first 45 minutes. I'm usually okay with unlikable protagonists, but Cruise's performance and Crowe's framing of the character (from writer and director's standpoint) make it clear that they really want the audience to like him and I just didn't care about anything that had happened to him by the time the big reveal came about.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrPink said:

So I burned through all of Big Little Lies to make up for yesterday and it was ....very good.

It also seems like future hell if I ever intend to be a parent

Moral of the story: don't be The V!

7 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Vanilla Sky was one of those movies I really wanted to love, but it just slowly unraveled after the first 45 minutes. I'm usually okay with unlikable protagonists, but Cruise's performance and Crowe's framing of the character (from writer and director's standpoint) make it clear that they really want the audience to like him and I just didn't care about anything that had happened to him by the time the big reveal came about.

This.

My friend found today a message on his windshield after he barely gave a shit when parking. It read "If you screw like you park, it means you never manage to put it in". He was angry. We were crying from laughter.

• Haha 3