Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't have that luxury. It's really uncommon for my AMC to get a limited film in one of its earlier expansions (Darkest Hour/Lady Bird/3B all had to wait for their post-holiday expansions), where that isn't the case at other 12-14 screeners because quite a few in the Orlando area got Darkest Hour/SOW over Christmas. But hey, Christian films in 600-800+ theaters always hit here! :angry: 

We brits don't worry about platform releases. 99/100 releases will go as wide as they will go on day one. Though we do have to wait for Oscar bait for an inordinately long time, Shape of Water doesn't release until Valentines Day here for example. 

• Sad 1

3 Billboards Outside My Anus was absolutely dreadful.

Martin McDonuts is a terrible director and an even worse writer, Sweet Yeezus.

Thank God this had AAA actors showing their skills, even tho McDormand was so one note and annoying in the long run.

Luckily for 3B, Downsizing managed to be even worse.

Payne and McDonuts should be casted out of Hollywood to give a chance to aspiring & competent filmmakers.

These two have been fooling everybody for far too long.

This was a very good day at the movies no doubt.

Ykes.

:gold::wintf:

Edited by The Futurist

Not to be patronizing, but I'm not sure what the teens here will take away from CMBYN compared to people who remember when they were Elio's (the Chalamet character) age. It brought back a ton of memories from when I was around 17 that I hadn't thought of in a very long time (stuff that wasn't that important in the long run), even though my desires weren't the same as his.

Then again, I read an interview with I think it was Hammer where he said that he knew people who went home and came out to their parents after seeing the movie, so...

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, Just Tele said:

#FirstWorldProblems

#ParentingProblems

#NotHanProblems #UnlessHeMeetsHailee

Tele Jr. just bought DM2 and DM3 on his Amazon tablet.

(Or rather, he bought them a day or two ago and I just got the invoice).

:rant: 

#TeleWorldProblems

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Tele said:

#FirstWorldProblems

#ParentingProblems

#NotHanProblems #UnlessHeMeetsHailee

Tele Jr. just bought DM2 and DM3 on his Amazon tablet.

(Or rather, he bought them a day or two ago and I just got the invoice).

:rant: 

Why have you linked a live card to the account? Use a temp one time use card number which is offered by all merchants to register your account.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Why have you linked a live card to the account? Use a temp one time use card number which is offered by all merchants to register your account.

Because it's our general account. I did a basic setup awhile ago and tbh didn't even think about it.

It's not his fault, it's ours, I know. That shit's going under hardcore lockdown tonight.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

Because it's our general account. I did a basic setup awhile ago and tbh didn't even think about it.

It's not his fault, it's ours, I know. That shit's going under hardcore lockdown tonight.

But he didn't even get a chance to buy the first Despicable Me!

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Oh man, this is great. :rofl: What is it like to live in LA?

http://www.bldgblog.com/2007/10/greater-los-angeles/

It’s the most ridiculous city in the world – but everyone who lives there knows that. No one thinks that L.A. “works,” or that it’s well-designed, or that it’s perfectly functional, or even that it makes sense to have put it there in the first place; they just think it’s interesting. And they have fun there.  And the huge irony is that Southern California is where you can actually do what you want to do; you can just relax and be ridiculous.

Edited by Just Tele

1 hour ago, Just Tele said:

If it's Amazon, usually you can go to chat and they'll give you the 1st "kid screw up" as a get out of jail free card and they'll delete it and refund you:)...No, I'm totally not speaking from my own parenting experience there (although mine didn't buy things nearly as cool as DM2 and DM3!:)...

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If it's Amazon, usually you can go to chat and they'll give you the 1st "kid screw up" as a get out of jail free card and they'll delete it and refund you:)...No, I'm totally not speaking from my own parenting experience there (although mine didn't buy things nearly as cool as DM2 and DM3!:)...

I told my wife to complain to Amazon to get a refund and she said, "well, he likes those movies." So we're gonna chalk this one up to the cost of (parental) learning.

• Like 1