Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

It’s almost getting like everyday you turn on Netflix there’s something new. Today it’s a Gibney documentary series and also a German show. 

I watched the Volkswagen episode. Favourite line. 

“The optics weren’t good.”

I had a super weird dream last night.

So I went to a showing of Sherlock Gnomes at 12:30 on Friday (Don't ask why that movie), and yet the whole theater was packed, with babies, kids, teens, and adults. I went down in the very front as previews were about to start. There was some kid babbling over and over, so I moved to another seat, right next to my Mom, who coincidentally saw the same movie at the same time in the same theater. There was a trailer that was going on for about 5 minutes, and the crowd got super angry, so the projectionist stopped the trailer halfway through. And then it went to a sequel to Legend of the Guardians (the Zack Snyder owl movie) I was super confused and thinking to myself, "Wait 'till BOT hears about this," but the crowd still got mad because they wanted to see Gnomes, so all the trailers got cut, which got me upset.

Then the Paramount logo came up, but for some reason, the Mountain was replaced with Cookie Monster. I guess there was a Sesame Street short playing, but all I saw was some live-action bits with Johnny Depp, and I later got distracted by some teenage girl behind me talking super loud with her. I asked her quietly to stop talking, then she got pissy with me and started getting louder and louder, and I was getting more angry, but my Mom was getting mad at me, and said something like "Eric, sit down and ignore them." So I was in a bad mood, and just said to myself, "@WrathOfHan will have a field day with this." Then I noticed the screen was completely black, and then I realized, "Wait a minute...it's January." And then I woke up.

...I have issues.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I had a super weird dream last night.

So I went to a showing of Sherlock Gnomes at 12:30 on Friday (Don't ask why that movie), and yet the whole theater was packed, with babies, kids, teens, and adults. I went down in the very front as previews were about to start. There was some kid babbling over and over, so I moved to another seat, right next to my Mom, who coincidentally saw the same movie at the same time in the same theater. There was a trailer that was going on for about 5 minutes, and the crowd got super angry, so the projectionist stopped the trailer halfway through. And then it went to a sequel to Legend of the Guardians (the Zack Snyder owl movie) I was super confused and thinking to myself, "Wait 'till BOT hears about this," but the crowd still got mad because they wanted to see Gnomes, so all the trailers got cut, which got me upset.

Then the Paramount logo came up, but for some reason, the Mountain was replaced with Cookie Monster. I guess there was a Sesame Street short playing, but all I saw was some live-action bits with Johnny Depp, and I later got distracted by some teenage girl behind me talking super loud with her. I asked her quietly to stop talking, then she got pissy with me and started getting louder and louder, and I was getting more angry, but my Mom was getting mad at me, and said something like "Eric, sit down and ignore them." So I was in a bad mood, and just said to myself, "@WrathOfHan will have a field day with this." Then I noticed the screen was completely black, and then I realized, "Wait a minute...it's January." And then I woke up.

...I have issues.

This sounds like something out of the acid scene in Girls Trip.

So, I decided that I'm going to put in a huge effort into trying to watch as movies as I can for 2018 and so forth. I love reading/watching people's of their top movies of the year either on here or on Youtube. It's not going to be easy as I'm not on here a whole lot and don't have a lot of down time due to work, but I've decided that on my days off I'm going to watch a ton of movies. My only dilemma is cost: I ordered a moviepass card (takes two weeks to get in), as a friend of mine told me about it. It's ten dollars a month and apparently you can see unlimited amount of movies, even new movies (doesn't count for 3D, which is fine with me). Seems to good to be true, but I hope so as my only concern with seeing like, 30-40 movies this year is that it's going to be fucking expensive as hell. Wasn't sure if that's just what some of you do on here, or if there's some way or card some of you use as well to make it cheaper? 

53 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

So, I decided that I'm going to put in a huge effort into trying to watch as movies as I can for 2018 and so forth. I love reading/watching people's of their top movies of the year either on here or on Youtube. It's not going to be easy as I'm not on here a whole lot and don't have a lot of down time due to work, but I've decided that on my days off I'm going to watch a ton of movies. My only dilemma is cost: I ordered a moviepass card (takes two weeks to get in), as a friend of mine told me about it. It's ten dollars a month and apparently you can see unlimited amount of movies, even new movies (doesn't count for 3D, which is fine with me). Seems to good to be true, but I hope so as my only concern with seeing like, 30-40 movies this year is that it's going to be fucking expensive as hell. Wasn't sure if that's just what some of you do on here, or if there's some way or card some of you use as well to make it cheaper? 

Before I got a MoviePass I just always aimed for matinees or discount days. Avoid buying concessions and go to a restaurant nearby beforehand if you want food where you can probably get much better calories for a cheaper price.

Also, you live near Boston, right? Apparently the AMC Common is blocked now so don't go there with the MoviePass. 

Edited by tribefan695