aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

7 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Btw completely random and off topic, but I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since titanic, 5th element, lost world, and Con air have come out.

Time flies!

And Face/Off don't forget.   Face.....Off

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Actually the film would have better if it dropped the dramatic aspects and gone full Waititi irreverent.

Instead you get dramatic themes and events that are muddled at best, lazy at worst.

The handling of that would be on Waititi too though.  It's not as if films like Boy and Hunt For The Wilderpeople didn't have dramatic themes and playing with them against and amidst humor isn't part of his repertoire.  More in the former which I don't think handled them nearly as seamlessly and beautifully as in the later.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

The handling of that would be on Waititi too though.  It's not as if films like Boy and Hunt For The Wilderpeople didn't have dramatic themes and playing with them against and amidst humor isn't part of his repertoire.  More in the former which I don't think handled them nearly as seamlessly and beautifully as in the later.

Well if we're gonna talk about Wilderpeople there was one dramatic aspect in it that I found very bungled in execution.

• Like 1

I feel like if I explained to my wife who, on BOT, liked Ragnarok I'd end up in a "who's on first" scenario 

Wife: "So who liked the movie."

Me: "YourMother."

Wife: "So you're going to be rude? Did anyone dislike the movie?"

Me: "That One Guy."

Wife: "Okay this isn't funny. You won't tell me who liked or disliked the movie."

Me: "Your Mother and That One Guy."

Wife: "Fuck you and your weirdo hobby, nerd."

Me: "Your mother." :sparta:

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5
  • Haha 17

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Never forget how swapping a face can make your wife not immediately recognize it happened even though her husband is now 3 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter.

I wonder if she noticed anything different with Castor Troy's...um...package. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I feel like if I explained to my wife who, on BOT, liked Ragnarok I'd end up in a who's on first" scenario 

Wife: "So who liked the movie."

Me: "YourMother."

Wife: "So you're going to be rude? Did anyone like the movie?"

Me: "That One Guy."

Wife: "Okay this isn't funny. You won't tell me who liked or disliked the movie."

Me: "Your Mother and That One Guy."

Wife: "Fuck you and your weirdo hobby, nerd."

Me: "Your mother." :sparta:

I haven’t see Thor yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Weekend thread is great but I have my OW Star Wars tickets!!...for anyone needing family tickets (ie - Moviepass doesn't work for you), you can use code MASTERPASS and check out that way on Fandango to Buy 2, Get 1 Free on tickets (so 3 for 2 - not as good as past deals, but better than nothing).  It's good once per account, but you and your spouse can both use, so you can grab your family JL Thanksgiving tickets and your Star Wars Christmas ones - what?  You know that's what families are doing:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I wish he worked on more movies 😕

On the one hand, same, but on the other, his work is such high quality I don't want him to compromise it by working more.

(Also, I think he's slowed down his output so he can spend more time with his family, which is a good thing IMO.)

• Like 1

Preview to OD multi of recent SH movies and Thor OD if it follows them

Deadpool - 3.72 - 54

DS - 3.47 - 50.3

WW - 3.47 - 50.3

GotG2 - 3.3 - 48

SMH - 3.3 - 48

SS - 3.16 - 46

CW - 3 - 43.5

BvS - 2.95 - 43

If that 41 deadline prediction sticks that would be a preview to OD multi of 2.8 which is lower than BvS. I find it hard to believe that it would be that low. I think a multi close to that of SS/SMH is more likely

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Preview to OD multi of recent SH movies and Thor OD if it follows them

Deadpool - 3.72 - 54

DS - 3.47 - 50.3

WW - 3.47 - 50.3

GotG2 - 3.3 - 48

SMH - 3.3 - 48

SS - 3.16 - 46

CW - 3 - 43.5

BvS - 2.95 - 43

If that 41 deadline prediction sticks that would be a preview to OD multi of 2.8 which is lower than BvS. I find it hard to believe that it would be that low. I think a multi close to that of SS/SMH is more likely

I Think it could hit WW multiplier