aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

2 week between two superhero blockbuster, anyone could recall any nearer distance than this pair? thor 3 and JL

X-Men First Class and Green Lantern opened two weeks apart.

TASM and TDKR opened 2... and a half weeks apart.

GotG and TMNT opened a week apart.

X-Men: Apocalypse and TMNT2 opened a week apart.

1 hour ago, MattW said:

I'm looking forward to both Snyder and the Russo brothers being untethered from these franchises, see what they can do on the outside. 

By the time the Russo bros are done with both Avengers movies, they will probably be feeling that fatigue. 

Not every body can be like the new GOAT Villeneuve and seemingly go from one project to the next, which is understandable. GOAT status is not easily achieved. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattW said:

I'm looking forward to both Snyder and the Russo brothers being untethered from these franchises, see what they can do on the outside. 

Russo Brothers signed a deal with Fox to set up their studio over there. Producing and directing different projects. Similar to what JJ Abrams does for Paramount. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

2 week between two superhero blockbuster, anyone could recall any nearer distance than this pair? thor 3 and JL

2 hours ago, RagnaRoc said:

X-Men First Class and Green Lantern opened two weeks apart.

TASM and TDKR opened 2... and a half weeks apart.

GotG and TMNT opened a week apart.

X-Men: Apocalypse and TMNT2 opened a week apart.

Judging from the above results,I fear for the health of JL....

despite WW success. There could be only one ...in a single month.

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Because comedy sequels often just use the same  characters, gimmick, plot and setting as the first .  What's fresh the first time is just warmed over in the sequel.

Sequels that mixed it up and are probably funnier than the first?  National Lampoon's Christmas  Vacation,  Addams Family Values , The Spy Who Shagged Me

To be fair it helps when the first one isn’t funny at all or completely sucks. Austin Powers is right up there with Napoleon Dynamite as a movie with a lot of attention that isn’t even a little bit funny. I remember suggesting Austin Powers to my family and we rented it, 4 people sitting in a room like we were watching 9/11 news footage unfold and nobody was laughing let me tell you. I didn’t live down that suggestion for a WHILE. I wouldn’t be able to award that movie 1 star in good conscience. But Austin Powers 2 and 3 were both absolutely hilarious. It was like a different franchise or something. Set the bar low enough in the first and the second movie can just step right over it.

I personally think American Pie 2 and American Wedding are both funnier and better movies than the original even though I love the first. They’re all great I just laughed more in the sequels. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

I can't think of a director who would have done a better job with it than Snyder.  He's a visual genius. Sure,  someone would have come along and maybe spruced up the dialogue a tad I guess...  but that's not important to me.  Snyder nailed the look 100%. 

Taika Waititi 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

so, logan would be the only SH movie that didn't cross $300m this year?

Possible.

let this be a reminder when people pull out the ole box office = quality chestnut.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Pretty good Sat for Taika: Ragnarok.

Next week should see around 52-53% drop. Would be more, but Veterans Day will definitely inflate the weekend.

Veteran's Day is on Saturday this year, so it won't have the same effect as last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

$44.2m

That's a mere -5,5% drop from fri to sat. 

T:R can open to 125-130M if sat-sun drop lays between 23%-12%, which is plausible.

With friday numbers (46,8M) and following WW ow path, it was on the 126,1M track... (i know many of you told me WW was a summer release, kids on holidays ... but T:R is holding even better in november than WW did in summer)

• Like 1