DeeCee

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon | September 2, 2022

They are putting hobbit ancestors in this? That seems...weird. If there is a story reason for it it's fine but "we can't do Middle-Earth without hobbits" kinda makes me worried about the mindset. But I'm probably just paranoid about adaptations. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

Hugo Weaving killed it as Elrond in terms of posture, demeanor and acting, but I always felt like he looked a bit too weird to play Elrond. Maybe it's just that I'm so used to his role as Agent Smith that I can't see past that.

Regardless, I'm open to new interpretations. 

Lol jesus, you can't really read anything about this on social media without seeing people bitching about the racial casting.   If you seriously thought that a billion dollar Tolkien TV show in 2022 wasn't gonna have some brown people in it, you're just a fucking idiot.  It really doesn't matter as long as the casting is inspired and the writing is good.   Now, if this ends up like the Wheel of Time where its obvious the only thing the producers gave a shit about was a diversity quota with literally everything else being terrible thats gonna be a big problem and give all the wrong people so much ammunition.  The thing I'm most concerned about right now is the look of the show...fingers crossed it looks like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones and not all digital/CG like The Hobbit or the clean TV-like of The Wheel of Time with awful costume design.