DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Forgive me if this has been posted.

Mexico came in at No. 1 on Friday with $3.1M (58.7M pesos) from 3,834 screens and landing ahead of the opening day grosses of Wonder Woman (+33%) and Thor: Ragnarok (+48%).

In the UK, the Justice League also topped Wonder Woman and Thorwith an estimated $3.3M (£2.5M) on 1,617 screens.

In other new bows, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince stormed into India with a No. 1 start of $1.2M (INR 78.2M) on 1,227 screens. That doubled WW’s first day and gave WB its third best start ever. In IMAX it’s WB’s best bow there. Spain also topped WW (+63%) and came in on par with Ragnarok at $933K (800K euros).

Brazil is still quite strong with a $7.5M cume through Friday. Koreais at $3.7M (although it had an unofficial 89% jump from Friday to Saturday so that number is closer to about $6.4M through Saturday; figures not provided by WB).

In Day 2 holds, the Australia cume is now $2.6M with 56% of the Top 5 on Friday; Russia is at $2.5M with 51% of the Top 5; the Philippines has $2.2M at over 90% of the Top 5; Taiwan has maintained 83% of the Top 5 with a $1.6M cume; and the UAE has lassoed $1.4M.

Germany and Italy are weaker with $1.3M and $1.1M, respectively, after two days. While JL has the best screen average in the latter, DC movies just don’t tend to find a bolt hole in the European majors.

For the Day 3s, France has grossed $2.6M in what is a weak start while Indonesia is also at $2.6M.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AN9815 said:

I hate to watch 'Justice League' doing so "bad" but didn't someone here said that the movie will do more than 'Thor: Ragnarok' and 'Coco' together?

That was SteveJaros and that is a troll.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

JL 33, W 10.5, T:R 9.6,DH2 6.4, OE 5.8,Star 4.1

LB 1

65% increase for Thor is nice. Marginally better than Doctor Strange I believe (however, it is late and my math is bad at the best of times).

59.5% drop from last Saturday though, which is not so nice.

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

65% increase for Thor is nice. Marginally better than Doctor Strange I believe (however, it is late and my math is bad at the best of times).

DS had a 64% increase. So youre right on the money.

• Like 1

65.5% increase for Thor vs 64% increase for DS.

59.5% sat to sat fall. 

If it has a 30% drop on Sunday it will get to 22.12m for the weekend for a 61% drop vs 59.5% for DS

If it had a 35% drop on Sunday like DS it will get to 21.64m for a weekend drop of 62%

• Like 2

Guessed 33 earlier.

Figured it would be on the high end of that estimate or rise slightly. Does WB say it opened at or above 100M tomorrow? Unless it has an incredible Sunday hold, don't see it happening in the actuals.

Not good but not as grim as that Forbes article earlier today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

65.5% increase for Thor vs 64% increase for DS.

59.5% sat to sat fall. 

If it has a 30% drop on Sunday it will get to 22.12m for the weekend for a 61% drop vs 59.5% for DS

If it had a 35% drop on Sunday like DS it will get to 21.64m for a weekend drop of 62%

It's following DS so close that i wonder if it will also finish with around 2.7x

4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Jack Ryan and Thor ahead of Cinderella!?!?!?!?:gold:

Pretty interchangable. I don't believe anyone who says they honestly care about those three movies and how they should be ranked. And no one here can trick me I know those people don't exist!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Guessed 33 earlier.

Figured it would be on the high end of that estimate or rise slightly. Does WB say it opened at or above 100M tomorrow? Unless it has an incredible Sunday hold, don't see it happening in the actuals.

Not good but not as grim as that Forbes article earlier today.

It would need a 14% Sunday drop, I can’t see them going for that. Unless they increase Friday too. 

7 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

It’s quite obvious that Thor  will rebound nicely now that JL opening is out of the way. It has begun already, judging by Saturday.

it's also probably because after the initial frontloading most cape movies have from the fans, they play out more as family movies, box office wise. Therefore Saturdays and Sundays will tend to have solid increases from Fridays.