DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, SteveJaros said:

I'm not sure that a $100m DOM opening is best described as Americans "turning their back" on the DCU?  

So what do you think are the chances of your JL= Thor + Coco prediction?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

So what do you think are the chances of your JL= Thor + Coco prediction?

:lol:

Interesting thing is now SW8 could do more than JL+Thor+Coco.

Not locked but possible especially if Coco goes below 200.

JL+Thor+Coco could end up at 230+310+160 = 700. Maybe 725. Both good benchmarks for SW8.

12 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I'm not sure that a $100m DOM opening is best described as Americans "turning their back" on the DCU?  

No, no, of course not. It's not just the same thing as if all MCU Phase 1 solo movies had been massive 300M+ DOM hits but with mixed wom at best (only one having legit good reviews), and then Avengers, on the backbone of a bunch of critical disappointments, ran the gamble of doing less than 250M DOM. Not at all a turn of fortunes.

But... wasn't it gonna do like 500M and outgross Thor and Coco combined? Or was that just another cheap like whoring tactic?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Not locked but possible especially if Coco goes below 200.

JL+Thor+Coco could end up at 230+310+160 = 700. Maybe 725. Both good benchmarks for SW8.

No. I now need Coco to get above JL. 

Not only because it looks beautiful but for truly petty reasons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, meriodejaneiro said:

What?

WW is 7th ww actually. And will be 9th after Thor and TLJ surpass it. And who knows if 10th due to some kind of dark mystical magic making JL reaching $812M ww. 

We were talking about 2017 CBMs and how popular/big they were - specifically WW in relation to the others, not overall B.O..

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Not locked but possible especially if JL goes below 200.

JL+Thor+Coco could end up at 165+310+225 = 700. Maybe 725. Both good benchmarks for SW8.

Ftfy.

16 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

What is supposed to be their "all coming along" super heroes movie is gonna open lower than any of the previous solo-or-not DCEU installments. Not to mention that has a chance of becoming the lowest ww box office of them all as well ... it's "big" because 100M are 100M ... but if you consider the whole picture, this movie seems a dangerously flop for WB/DCEU interests. 

27 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

So it's not just the Americans that are turning their back on JL. The whole world are telling WB they've had enough.

US and EU are rejecting JL but it's doing well in Asia and Latin America. So I wouldn't use "whole world" considering Asia has ~60% of the world's population. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

No, no, of course not. It's not just the same thing as if all MCU Phase 1 solo movies had been massive 300M+ DOM hits but with mixed wom at best (only one having legit good reviews), and then Avengers, on the backbone of a bunch of critical disappointments, ran the gamble of doing less than 250M DOM. Not at all a turn of fortunes.

But... wasn't it gonna do like 500M and outgross Thor and Coco combined? Or was that just another cheap like whoring tactic?

Haha, somebody should open a new thread with a compilation of all the DC-franboys-crazy-predictions (like that one with the JL = Thor+Coco) so that we could have some fun time till TLJ arrives...

Edited by meriodejaneiro

2 hours ago, Tauren Warlock said:

Is the $300 million budget for Justice League true?

That is super insane!! total budget could be close to $400 million if it's true. BvS cost $250 million. WB is overspending itself towards bankruptcy.

They'll get the money back from selling shirts. 

Deadline brought JL down to $93M. How much lower do you think this can go? Right now, I would not be shocked if it misses $90M. 

I can’t believe I am saying that right now. Like there was a time when $90-93M would have been numbers we’d be talking about in regards to Justice League’s opening day not opening weekend. 

• Like 2