DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

GODZILLA (2014)
Warner Bros.

$38,410,607

-- / $9,719
$38,410,607 / 1

:redcapes:

True. That too.

And also....an even bigger creature feature-film like say...Jurassic World.

Jurassic World OD = $81.9M = :jeb!:

Justice League OD = $38.8M = :gold:

Batman may be cool to a crowd.....but people love dinosaurs even more. 😉

7 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Objectively, it's a good opening. Compared to various expectations of studios, fanboys, etc.? Maybe not. But go with the objective, not the hopes and dreams.

This is just plain silly.

There is no freaking way this is a good opening. For all of you yelling about Objectively, you don't understand much about the film business.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Get Bale back and do a Batman Beyond set in Nolan's verse. Remember the Joker gang? Show the cult status of Ledger's Joker all these years later in Gotham. 

I could get behind that in another 10 years.

• Like 1

Just now, EmpireCity said:

That isn't really true either.  Yes, they were signed, but they had to drag Nolan and Bale back kicking and screaming to finish it and it showed in how completely sloppy it was and how uninterested Bale was acting in that movie.  

Source?

31 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

John Campea is having a meltdown/denial over this  lol 

Am I the only one who cannot bother to care about these glorified youtubers? Up until JL came out, I didn't even know that Campea, Jeremy Jahns and Scott Mendelson are 3 different persons.

• Like 4

Just now, EmpireCity said:

That isn't really true either.  Yes, they were signed, but they had to drag Nolan and Bale back kicking and screaming to finish it and it showed in how completely sloppy it was and how uninterested Bale was acting in that movie.  

Not true. Bale was under contract but said contracts are always negotiable. Nolan was not. Both got massive paydays for The Dark Knight Rises, the latter especially. And many pointed to it as Bale's best performance in the trilogy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

My computer fixed itself yay!

On Justice League: let me put it this way. I'd rather rewatch BvS seven times then rewatch JL once. Up there with SS as the worst this franchise has to offer. Glad to see its numbers.

You're one of the first people I've seen put BvS above JL.

• Like 2

God, WB let Snyder dictate release and production dates to  them?

Un freaking believable.

I can see allowing a Spielberg or a Cameron to do that. but Snyder is not anywhere near in that category when it comes to delivering box office success....

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Not true. Bale was under contract but said contracts are always negotiable. Nolan was not. Both got massive paydays for The Dark Knight Rises, the latter especially. And many pointed to it as Bale's best performance in the trilogy.

Nolan wasn't technically signed as director but there were a lot of producer agreements with him, his wife and even brother that extended all across Warner Bros. including the in production Man of Steel at the time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Objectively, it's a good opening. Compared to various expectations of studios, fanboys, etc.? Maybe not. But go with the objective, not the hopes and dreams.

It might open to half of the last film that featured Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. How is that objectively good?

10 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

The song - 

"Everybody knows"...

is also on a lot of people's playlist.

I liked it but wish they had used this version:

4 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

My reason is simple, and after seeing what people here think of WW, it may be controversial. Wonder Woman didn't make as much as it did because it was a great movie. It made so much money because Wonder Woman is a popular character that had not had her own movie yet, so there was a built up demand. Additionally, a lot of women (and some men) wanted to see a movie where a female superhero did all the things that male superheroes do. That novelty allowed it to breakout from its core audience and do well with the GA.

Feels like the opposite to me.   It's like there are fans of the MOVIE WW...but not the character WW.

Like...I'm a fan of various characters.  I'll go see any Spider-Man movie.  Doesn't matter what the reviews are.   Doesn't matter if I don't like the trailers.   I'll see it at least once and then not go again if I don't like it.

I'll also see any movie with Superman in it.   Reviews won't stop me.  Trailers won't stop me.

Where are those WW fans for JL?   If they are "only fans of WW the way she is in the WW movie" then that makes them a fan of that movie...not the character.   The WW movie made me a bigger fan of WW than I ever was before so I'll probably watch any movie she is in now.   ...And I'm just a minor fan of her compared to other characters.   Where are the really passionate fans of WW I've heard about?   It looks like none of them showed up for JL.

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Affleck has really fucked up his career rebound.

Made me think of this:

detail.f8d3cbc6.jpg

• Like 1