DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Jesus Christ.  At the theater for Wonder and the line in front of the theater before the movie starts has at least 60 people

I think it's going to have a drop around 25% today. There's undoubtedly spillover from yesterday and Friday.

i know they didn't go all out with atlantis because there's been no reports it was hell to shoot. titanic, the abyss, waterworld. it's always the water movies. unless someone almosts drowns or gets hypothermia you're not putting the effort in imho.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i know they didn't go all out with atlantis because there's been no reports it was hell to shoot. titanic, the abyss, waterworld. it's always the water movies. unless someone almosts drowns or gets hypothermia you're not putting the effort in imho.

They managed to spend like 400M on the 4th Pirates movie and I am 99% sure that is the waters fault, because I cannot see where else that money went.

Other than towards Johnny Depp's tunnel network, anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Favorite trailers since 2015:

1) Thor Ragnarok

2) Logan

3) The Force Awakens

4) Deadpool

5) GotG2 

6) Sing

7) Dr Strange

8) Star Trek Beyond

9) The Last Jedi

Top deceivingly good trailers:

1) Magnificient Seven

2) Ghost in the Shell

3) Assassin's Creed

Suicide Squad Comic-Con trailer is the GOAT trailer turned to WOAT movie combo. 

• Like 2

So I contributed to the Sunday Number for Imax (Actually Baby Max, lol).  I was very please.  It felt like Super Friends Cartoon from the 80's.  this was also Zack's best paced film, the 2 hours worked to me.  I think some of the criticism is overboard because the movie did what it suppose to.  It actually intertwined all the worlds of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman all on the Big Screen.   Under a 100 is definitely disappointing but Thor 3 took some Audience away along with "Wonder" breaking out and the Holiday's coming up.  I think they should push forward with Justice League 2 for 2020 IMO.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Suicide Squad Comic-Con trailer is the GOAT trailer turned to WOAT movie combo. 

Just shows there are all types of WTF opinions here lol. The Thor 3 trailer was legitimately one of the worst trailers I’ve ever seen in my life. It was godawful. I couldn’t find one person who liked that. Thankfully I still went and loved the movie but fuck that thing sucked. And Suicide Squad has lame trailers but the movie was lame too so really not surprising.

36 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

atlantis was so fucking hideous though. not just ugly snyder vision i didn't like anything about what we saw with that world. they need the DIY SOS crew over pronto for a complete new look. no way i could spend two hours in that.

Agreed. Atlantis not only looked boring and unimaginative, it was treated as such, like an afterthought. It was treated like we'd been there already. No epic intro or visual of any kind. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, raegr said:

We could have had a fun, memorable and epic Justice League but you chose Joss over us. 

CYezIXHW8AApBce.jpg

That is assuming that Snyder would have given us that...and nothing in BvS shows he would have. "Fun" does not seem to be in  Snyder's range of skills.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Just shows there are all types of WTF opinions here lol. The Thor 3 trailer was legitimately one of the worst trailers I’ve ever seen in my life. It was godawful. I couldn’t find one person who liked that. Thankfully I still went and loved the movie but fuck that thing sucked. And Suicide Squad has lame trailers but the movie was lame too so really not surprising.

One guy argues that Henry Cavill was as valuable to the DCU as Gal Gadot is.

I have nothing against Cavill, but get real....

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

I liked parts... I'm pretty much interested for Newt and a couple of other characters but the series hasn't hooked me yet. I did enjoy it a bit more the second time though. You?

I really liked it. I actually feel that looking for the beasts was the weaker aspect of the film for me and I think it ends much better than it starts. Looking for the beasts didn't really grab me as much but I found the lore and history of America very interesting, and I loved the Obscurial. The four main characters were a win for me.

DH1

DH2

PoA

HBP

FB

SS

OoTP

GoF

CoS

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

I made a box office breakdown video of Justice League's opening weekend. I analyze the numbers, extrapolate the data to predict a final count, and specualte as to why this failure happened. Some of you enjoyed similar breakdowns I've made in the past for PotC 5, Deadpool, and others. I promise it's more analytical than other YouTubers I've seen discussed here. Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1