DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Truer words were never written:

”The default mode of most Marvel films is glib and quippy, prizing banter over feeling, and the default mode of DC films has been mopey and tortured and faux-dark, a vibe that's sold to audiences as "adult" even though it's deeply adolescent.”

https://www.rogerebert.com/mzs/30-minutes-on-wonder-woman

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

So I contributed to the Sunday Number for Imax (Actually Baby Max, lol).  I was very please.  It felt like Super Friends Cartoon from the 80's.  this was also Zack's best paced film, the 2 hours worked to me.  I think some of the criticism is overboard because the movie did what it suppose to. 

...Except it's not really his film, anymore...and probably hasn't been for quite some time.

There's probably...50-60% of what he shot left in this.

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

”The default mode of most Marvel films is glib and quippy, prizing banter over feeling, and the default mode of DC films has been mopey and tortured and faux-dark, a vibe that's sold to audiences as "adult" even though it's deeply adolescent.”

Excuse me I was told that Superman letting his dad die in a tornado for no apparent reason was character depth, I don't think you understood it

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

"Wonder Woman is the best modern superhero film by a substantial margin..."

Spoken like a true, filthy casual.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Azkaban

Goblet

Deathly Hallows

Philosopher'sSorcerer's Stone

Half-Blood Prince

Fantastic Beasts

Chamber of Secrets

Order of the Phoenix (:gold:)

what is this counting Deathly Hallows as one movie nonsense 

Flash deserves a solo movie, but not Flashpoint. Flashpoint is basically another Justice League. I'm pretty sure that WB wants to stay away of the name Justice League, for a long time.

Flash gets a solo movie, with Cyborg perhaps being part of it. They got great chemitry in JL.

Aquaman solo movie is already completed.

Wonder Woman 2 is obviously a priority.

Shazam solo movie could have Superman.

Batman could get his solo adventure too, but Affleck needs to decide what the hell does he want. 

That's it. No Flashpoint, no Justice League now, no Suicide Squad 2 ( might be a flop because of the first one, just like JL is paying for BVS and SS ). Just focus on solo adventures.

01. Deathly Hallows 2
02. PoA (Top 2 change all the time with me)
03. GoF (its sillyness grew on me)
04. HBP (Hated it only 3 years ago, because its my favourite book. But ignoring the many changes its a very good film on its own)
05. CoS (never understood the hate it often gets)
06. OotP
07. SS
08. DH1

I love all of them. But im biased, having grown up in a Potterhead-family.

Edited by Brainbug

Just now, Brainbug said:

01. Deathly Hallows 2
02. PoA (Top 2 change all the time with me)
03. GoF (its sillyness grew on me)
04. HBP (Hated it only 3 years ago, because its my favourite book. But ignoring the many changes its a very good film on its own)
05. CoS (never understood the hate it often gets)
06. DH1
07. SS
08. DH1

I love all of them. But im biased, having grown up in a Potterhead-family.

Interesting move to not include Ootp

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Wonder Woman is good as hell I'm always here for some Wonder Woman stanning. Hope they let her sequels be and don't bog them down with the other characters' baggage

With Jenkins at the helm, the movie is in the best possible hands.

17 minutes ago, Macleod said:

...Except it's not really his film, anymore...and probably hasn't been for quite some time.

There's probably...50-60% of what he shot left in this.

Actually Joss only did reshoots but he added to the script which is why he got Story credit.  You can tell this was Zack's film, it still had his tone.  But I could also see what Joss did, a lot of the humor and lighthearted moments was definitely Joss to me.  

Edited by filmscholar