DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Watching that trailer gives me Sex & The City 2 vibes.  It's not only painfully unfunny it's offensive.

I've only seen the trailer twice (my theater is probably getting the film), but it looks like it's going for the lowest common denominator with fat jokes and everything. I really despise comedies that do that. 

Just now, TalismanRing said:

This movie on Hopkins' resume screams of Michael Caine's

I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.

Not quite.

“I thought, ‘This guy’s a genius, he really is,’” he said. “He’s the same ilk as Oliver Stone and [Steven] Spielberg and [Martin] Scorsese. Brilliance. Savants, really, they are. He’s a savant. [The movies are] terrific. They’re created by a genius.”

He's right though. It takes a brilliant man to create something as fantastic as Cogman.

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I've only seen the trailer twice (my theater is probably getting the film), but it looks like it's going for the lowest common denominator with fat jokes and everything. I really despise comedies that do that. 

I only recently saw the first one and it's okay fun aside from the relentless fat jokes and vomit gags but I have little desire to see the second one and this one just looks dreadful.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I only recently saw the first one and it's okay fun aside from the relentless fat jokes and vomit gags but I have little desire to see the second one and this one just looks dreadful.

I enjoyed the first one just fine (saw it at my college), but I never bothered with the sequel. It's just not my thing. The third one looks BAD though.

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

guess many here will finally be upgrading to 4K 

8970_tn.jpg

I'm not upgrading to 4K anytime soon, but I do hope this means we get an upgraded Blu-ray for Batman Begins. They used a very low bitrate for it back in the day and the image is pretty soft. One would think the new 1080p version extracted from the 4K version will be a lot better. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I'm not upgrading to 4K anytime soon, but I do hope this means we get an upgraded Blu-ray for Batman Begins. They used a very low bitrate for it back in the day and the image is pretty soft. One would think the new 1080p version extracted from the 4K version will be a lot better. 

I was reading on the Blu-Ray forum that the Blu-Ray for Batman Begins is new....but the Dark Knight is not, they're just using the old disc for that.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I was read on the Blu-Ray forum that the Blu-Ray for Batman Begins is new....but the Dark Knight is not, they're just using the old disc for that.

That sucks for TDK. They put a bunch of edge enhancement on that one, plus the color timing seemed wrong on home video compared to theatrical version. But Begins needs the upgrade more and it's the better movie of the two, so I'm happy enough with that news. 

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That sucks for TDK. They put a bunch of edge enhancement on that one, plus the color timing seemed wrong on home video compared to theatrical version. But Begins needs the upgrade more and it's the better movie of the two, so I'm happy enough with that news. 

I suppose I should throw the caveat that while they did print a new disc, there's no guarantee they used the new master or whatever for the Blu-Ray itself.