That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

19 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Where did you get that blue map from? Do they have that for other movies too?

From this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/02/24/movies/oscars-state-by-state-movie-popularity.html

I imagine they often make those now internally I do not know ?, but has far has I am aware it is rare we see those for others movies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

All im going to say if November makes it close to or not make it to $1 billion, I would say that this was fun November to predict.

Thor and Bad Moms started it off very well.

Daddy’s Home,and Murder On Orient Express all did better than expectations. Yeah they got smacked their second weekend, but should turn out to have decent runs for the next few weeks. $100 million each should happen.

I know people will say this a failure but people Justice League wasn’t that bad it wasn’t another Blade Runner 2049. $230 million domestic total, and overseas will help it. Wonder did way better than expected like wow! $150+ total could happen for a small budget film, and Lionsgate has had their strongest year since 2013 and doing way better than Paramount this year!

Coco is off to a decent start but should make a helping with legs. 

Justice League is a bigger disappointment than Blade Runner. 

The latter did about 50mil less than it should have. Justice League will end up doing about 200mil less than it should've. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

The latter did about 50mil less than it should have. Justice League will end up doing about 200mil less than it should've. 

It's sad but let's just move on. 

Just now, tonytr87 said:

Reasonable nerds knew Blade Runner 2049 was fucked the moment it was announced. The concern was whether it was any good. It flopping was a foregone conclusion. The online hyperbole clouted many's better judgement. 

Justice League was a case of "Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me" diminishing returns. 

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Reasonable nerds knew Blade Runner 2049 was fucked the moment it was announced. The concern was whether it was any good. It flopping was a foregone conclusion.

Justice League was a case of "Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me" diminishing returns. 

See with JL I always thought there was no snowballs chance in hell for that to cross 900M, heck even 800M.

What audience will sit through this:

Justice-League-Trailer-Blue-Bubble-Energ

JL-Trailer-Red-Skies-615x308.jpg

Be honest with me, this does not look like a billion dollar film to me, it just doesn't. Everything that broke out changed the game, Justice League brings nothing new to the table.