That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't know...WOM isn't that great in the family realm, especially when parents discuss their kid reactions...it's whether the movie can get a higher than normal share of teens and adults with no kids that will determine if it can go bigger...b/c those folks are the ones in love with it (although they are in hate with the Frozen short)...

Uh huh

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hoping that Thor Ragnarok falls short of IT and now it looks like it will :)

Would’ve thought IT would be the biggest non Star Wars movie of the fall.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

I’m thinking under.

$82.5M/$225M

Possible. I've never been unrealistic with my predictions for the Potter films and was very close on all of them. I predicted 930m for HBP, 950m for DH1 and 1.2b for DH2

I just don't see an $82.5m OW. I think with the introduction of Dumbledore and the Deathly Hallows, it's going to get bigger.

• Like 2

Just now, Noctis said:

That OW is not happening. 

Two things I will bet on: no way it opens below FB1 or finishes with less than $200m.

I'll wait until a trailer to be convinced otherwise.

I feel like the people that would even care about Dumbledore returning in a Harry Potter movie already saw Fantastic Beasts in theaters.

• Like 1

I loved Fantastic Beasts but it's hard for me to stan for these movies with Johnny Depp being there. I'm also very disappointed in how J. K. Rowling ignored the Potter fans asking for the guy to be replaced after what he did to Amber Heard. I lost a lot of the respect I had for her.

• Like 1