That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ragnarok is set to have an almost identical gross increase from The Dark World as Civil War did from Winter Soldier (+55-57%). CW was not the same appeal as an Avengers film just because of its increase anymore than Ragnarok is. 

To be fair, that might speak to Thor's untapped potential, notably in the quality department.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ragnarok is set to have an almost identical gross increase from The Dark World as Civil War did from Winter Soldier (+55-57%). CW was not the same appeal as an Avengers film just because of its increase anymore than Ragnarok is. 

CW almost doubled TWS OW.

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And people thought I was nuts for expecting a similar increase :hahaha: 

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Coco: 24M

Wonder: 13.4M

Justice League: 13.3M

Three Billboards: 8.6M (I'm expecting 1,500 theaters; 6.1M if the TC is 1,000+ like currently planned)

Thor: Ragnarok: 8.1M
Murder on the Orient Express: 6.1M

Daddy's Home 2: 6M

Lady Bird: 5.7M (I'm expecting 1,300 theaters)

The Star: 2.6M

Roman Israel/A Bad Moms Christmas: 2.3M

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

But for most CW- it's the Avengers 2.5. That's why Ragnarok jump is more impressive.

Which helps prove my point. CW acted like a pseudo Avengers. I still think $400M+ is happening (practically a lock), I even think IW will have a $200M+ OW but I don’t think $500M is possible, I think sub $400M is more likely due to a lower ceiling.

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

CW almost doubled TWS OW.

I'm not saying the team up aspect (mainly Iron Man) didn't inflate the gross at all, just like Hulk definitely inflated Ragnarok. I'm saying it's not the same as an Avengers film. The potential appeal and ceiling were never that high as they are for an Avengers film because it wasn't. I fail to see the reasoning for IW doing worse than both Cap 3 and Guardians 2. 

Box Office wise, CW is similar to BvS. CW is a Captain America movie, but with enough other Marvel characters that it is a big cross-over. However, it is not an Avengers movie. It's somewhere in the middle of a Captain America movie and an Avengers movie. Similarly, BvS is not a Man of Steel sequel and it isn't a Justice League film. It is somewhere in the middle.

Just to be clear, that does not mean that IW will do JL numbers.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Just now, Walt Disney said:

Box Office wise, CW is similar to BvS. CWis a Captain America movie, but with enough other Marvel characters that it is a big cross-over. However, it is not an Avengers movie. It's somewhere in the middle of a Captain America movie and an Avengers movie. Similarly, BvS is not a Man of Steel sequel and it isn't a Justice League film. It is somewhere in the middle.

:apocalypse:

At least 6 deaths would "mysteriously" occur over in the MCU creative department if that happens. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Which helps prove my point. CW acted like a pseudo Avengers. I still think $400M+ is happening (practically a lock), I even think IW will have a $200M+ OW but I don’t think $500M is possible, I think sub $400M is more likely due to a lower ceiling.

It is hard to say because coming of a well-received Thor, with the introduction of the GotG to Earth and all the build-up Thanos has received, CW has a much stronger hook than AoU (which also wasn't very good).

I think that $600M+ is possible to reach Avengers level, the only thing working against it is that there are so many superhero movies next year: the GA might not have the same interest than in 2012. But $500M+ is more than likely in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The fuck 

19 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Box Office wise, CW is similar to BvS. CW is a Captain America movie, but with enough other Marvel characters that it is a big cross-over. However, it is not an Avengers movie. It's somewhere in the middle of a Captain America movie and an Avengers movie. Similarly, BvS is not a Man of Steel sequel and it isn't a Justice League film. It is somewhere in the middle.

Infinity War will become the highest grossing superhero film of all time. I'm sure of that. 

I don't understand why anyone is predicting under 400 million for IW.  The curiosity factor and the cast alone will get people into the theatre.  It's going to be an unprecedented cast.  Like, half of Hollywood will shut down just to allow the cast to participate in these films.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1