That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

How is that preview number for Coco? I honestly have no idea how to judge it. A quick Google search told me that MOANA's Tuesday preview number last year was $2.6M so those two should be pretty close. Although predicting for the weekend based on that is also inexact, as I believe that MOANA number beat the preview number for FROZEN, yet the latter had the better weekend.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Well, let's see how recent boxoffice "bombs" are compared to some WB superhero/comicbook were  ...

John Carter (250M production budget): 73M dom + 211M intl = 284M ww.

The Lone Ranger (215M): 89M + 171M = 260M

Tomorrowland (190M): 93M + 116M = 209M

Alice 2 (170M): 77M + 222M = 299M

Seems pretty bad numbers. 

Superman Returns (270M): 200 + 190 = 391M

Jonah Hex (47M): 10 + 0 = 10M

Catwoman (100M): 40 + 42 = 82M

Watchmen (130M): 107 + 78 = 185M

Green Lantern (200M): 116 + 103 = 219M 

Seems like WB have their own very wrong ugly astonishing box office bombs themselves. 

Do not forget MARS NEEDS MOMS.

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Coco is one of the best movies of the year and Justice League is one of the worst.  Coco deserves to outgross it

No matter how much you dislike Justice League - I don't think it deserves to be called.. One of the worst movies this year. I have seen a ton of bad movies this year, and JL easily qualifies to be above average.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

How is that preview number for Coco? I honestly have no idea how to judge it. A quick Google search told me that MOANA's Tuesday preview number last year was $2.6M so those two should be pretty close. Although predicting for the weekend based on that is also inexact, as I believe that MOANA number beat the preview number for FROZEN, yet the latter had the better weekend.

The preview number is pretty good. Midday estimates for Coco's OD is at $12.5M, where as Moana's OD was $15.5M (original midday estimates were originally $13.5M so that bodes well for Coco). WoM for Coco seems to be amazing right now so that helps too.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Frozen was 2013, so not the best comp. Previews are getting bigger and bigger each year.

31 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

No matter how much you dislike Justice League - I don't think it deserves to be called.. One of the worst movies this year. I have seen a ton of bad movies this year, and JL easily qualifies to be above average.

Actually, it's my own opinion that it's one of the worst of the year, so I think it deserves to be called that from my perspective.

33 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

The preview number is pretty good. Midday estimates for Coco's OD is at $12.5M, where as Moana's OD was $15.5M (original midday estimates were originally $13.5M so that bodes well for Coco). WoM for Coco seems to be amazing right now so that helps too.

Hopefully word of mouth carries COCO slightly over that $12.5M number. I want a good box office story after the abomination that was JL's opening weekend. It's really all we've got until STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI. 

26 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Hopefully word of mouth carries COCO slightly over that $12.5M number. I want a good box office story after the abomination that was JL's opening weekend. It's really all we've got until STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI. 

I think Wonder's success is pretty awesome.