TigerPaw

Monday (27 Nov) - JL $2.1m - Down 76%, Coco 2.3M - Down 84%

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ghostbusters is one of the better comedies of this decade. Tragic most of the core franchise fanbase made up their minds what they thought of it long before ever seeing it or giving it any kind of chance. 

Eh...it's good, very watchable, but not much sticks out in my mind nearly a year later. Should watch it again now that I think about it.

I can name a bunch of comedies from 2016 that were better than Ghostbusters:

Deadpool

The Edge of Seventeen

Hail, Caesar!

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

The Lobster

Mike and Dave (#HotTake)

The Nice Guys

Popstar

Swiss Army Man

20th Century Women

• Like 5

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

But 4 movies over 800 m and 6 movies over 600 m is kind of incredible.

What other genres can boast those kinds of numbers?

Over 3 billion from a single genre is unprecedented, not including Avatar's freak of nature global take.

Animation last year came pretty close. (2 movies over $1B, 3 over $800M and 5 over $600M)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I know that's your opinion and I respect it, but anyway tumblr_mjofm41Eo31rdwlr8o1_400.gif

Not saying it's comedic gold (although pretty much all of Hemsworth's and most of McKinnon's stuff is), but it was enjoyable and this decade has a pretty weak offering of comedies. 

Edited by MovieMan89

$16

-70.9% / -46.7%

2 / $8

$3,758,911 / 62
$16
$492
- / -52.9%
- / -19.5%
2 / $8
$246
$3,758,927 / 63

$4

-75% / -93.7%

1 / $4

$3,758,931 / 64

$83

1975% / -33.6%

1 / $83

$3,759,014 / 65
26  27 

$4

- / -91.7%

1 / $4

$3,759,018 / 67

Not sure if this is posted.

Friend request thanksgiving's box office, 26/11 sunday was blank, does it mean it get nothing on sunday??? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DARth DAR said:

Ghostbusters was never worth the  hate nor is it worth defending.  It's the very definition of a 2 1/2 star movie

Pretty much this. I finally caught it on cable, and it has some laughs,but also a lot of jokes that just do not work.

iIt will be remembered for the controversies...(in which both sides made fools of themselves) rather then the film itself. It was just another mediocre comedy.

It will be pretty much forgotten, while the 1984 original will still be a beloved comedy classic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not saying it's comedic gold (although pretty much all of Hemsworth's and most of McKinnon's stuff is), but it was enjoyable and this decade has a pretty weak offering of comedies. 

True. Only comedies I was willing to see in the theater were Ted and Ted 2. Not counting superhero movies like Deadpool, GotG and Thor. 

Edited by lancelot123

People who say this has been a weak decade for comedy haven't seen many comedies this decade. In addition to the ones mentioned earlier, this year has had (excluding funny book movies):

The Big Sick

Get Out (or is it? Lil Rel's stuff was funnier than anything in Ghostbusters anyways)

Happy Death Day

Lady Bird (haven't seen yet but that 100% can't lie)

Logan Lucky

Three Billboards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

People who say this has been a weak decade for comedy haven't seen many comedies this decade. In addition to the ones mentioned earlier, this year has had (excluding funny book movies):

The Big Sick

Get Out (or is it? Lil Rel's stuff was funnier than anything in Ghostbusters anyways)

Happy Death Day

Lady Bird (haven't seen yet but that 100% can't lie)

Logan Lucky

Three Billboards

I agree with your general sentiment but calling HDD, Get Out, and Three Billboards comedies is kind of a stretch

Ridley Scott has turned out to be one of the most interesting comic directors in the latter years of his career, I mean :

Prometheus

The Counselor

The Martian (won plenty of funny wards)

Alien Covenant

All hilarious movies I can put everytime I am feeling down.