aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

Trailer stalkers @Poe Blankeron (might as well mark Disaster Artist off now because that trailer won't be at Wonder or Coco lol)

8:

The Commuter (American Assassin, Kingsman, American Made, Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service, Murder on the Orient Express)

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (GOTG, GOTG IMAX, POTC, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Dunkirk, Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League)

7:

Downsizing (mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service, Suburbicon, Murder on the Orient Express, Lady Bird)

6:

Pitch Perfect 3 (Baby Driver, Despicable Me, Big Sick, Girls Trip, Battle of the Sexes, Happy Death Day)

4:

Father Figures (American Made, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, Suburbicon)

The Greatest Showman (The House, Despicable Me, Kingsman, Murder on the Orient Express)

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blade Runner, Geostorm, Thank You for Your Service, Thor: Ragnarok)

The Shape of Water (Apes, mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Lady Bird)

3:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok)

Annihilation (Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day)

Black Panther (Valerian, The Dark Tower, Thor: Ragnarok)

Darkest Hour (Atomic Blonde, The Snowman, Thank You for Your Service)

Death Wish (Detroit, It, American Assassin)

Den of Thieves (The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, Geostorm)

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Ninjago, Kingsman, Justice League)

Molly’s Game (The Foreigner, The Snowman, Lady Bird)

Ready Player One (It, Blade Runner 2049, Justice League)

Red Sparrow (Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Blade Runner 2049, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

2 and 1:

Spoiler

2:

12 Strong (Thank You for Your Service, Murder on the Orient Express)

All the Money in the World (American Made, Only the Brave)

Ferdinand (Captain Underpants, Cars)

Fifty Shades Freed (Murder on the Orient Express, Lady Bird)

Hostiles (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Lady Bird)

Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Happy Death Day, Geostorm)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

Proud Mary (Girls Trip, Happy Death Day)

Tomb Raider (Geostorm, Justice League)

Untitled Deadpool Sequel (Justice League, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

A Wrinkle in Time (Valerian, Murder on the Orient Express)

1:

The Current War (Wind River)

The Disaster Artist (Lady Bird)

Duck Duck Goose (Ninjago)

I, Tonya (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

Insidious: The Last Key (Happy Death Day)

Isle of Dogs (Ninjago)

Last Flag Flying (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Party (Lady Bird)

Phantom Thread (Suburbicon)

The Post (Murder on the Orient Express)

Super Troopers 2 (Kingsman)

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built (Suburbicon)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's a bit disappointing for Coco.

Glad I wasn't nuts in predicting 14.7M and over JL this weekend for Wonder. I don't see how JL gets to 18.6M with a 4.8M Friday.

THOR :ohmygod: 

I basically predicted that amount for Lady Bird but was 1M too high on 3B. The latter's expansion is a tad disappointing tbh.

I know just yesterday you projected a $215m finish for Justice League, but I think it’ll be at $210m by next Sunday. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I know just yesterday you projected a $215m finish for Justice League, but I think it’ll be at $210m by next Sunday. 

It's possible, but I'm also expecting a complete collapse once TLJ is open. I don't see it getting much higher than 225-230M (or F8 @RichWS @MrPink)

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

So if Thor has some sort of abnormally low drop, do we chalk it up to the Avengers trailer? Obviously, still too early to see if these numbers pan out, but that would be a little nuts.

No question. Trailer has helped with good Wednesday drop followed by the great jump on Thursday. Hype for IW is real with the GA which will help BP the most in February since it's prominently featured in the trailer.

19 minutes ago, druv10 said:

No question. Trailer has helped with good Wednesday drop followed by the great jump on Thursday. Hype for IW is real with the GA which will help BP the most in February since it's prominently featured in the trailer.

It's somewhat amusing ;). I remember when some folks were questioning whether there would be an Avengers bump, and now we have an Avengers trailer bump :P.

4 minutes ago, Orestes said:

It's somewhat amusing ;). I remember when some folks were questioning whether there would be an Avengers bump, and now we have an Avengers trailer bump :P.

Let's not forget no comic book movie has come close to Ultron worldwide since.

Avengers is a big brand.

25 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Disney is brilliant as usual with BP right before IW. 

Getting people to pay to see an extended trailer for IW. 

51 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Family defeats The League.

Also, DH2 and Murder are both strong contenders to end in the 96-98M range.

Murder has a better chance of getting to 100m. It’s still $12m tracking above arrival. What are your reasonings it will fall short?

12 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

Murder has a better chance of getting to 100m. It’s still $12m tracking above arrival. What are your reasonings it will fall short?

Arrival hold itself pretty well during December and January thanks to being a strong contender during the Awards seasons. Murder doesn't have that. Murder won't even be in many theaters by the time January arrives.

12 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The weekend after Thanksgiving weekend is always DEATH!images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUSZ1VAcLhvxMwrQB70sT

Next weekend could be even worse, even with one new wide release (JUST GETTING STARTED).

That same weekend last year was the lowest grossing weekend of 2016 as well, I believe. Actually, just realized that nothing will be worse than the last weekend of August this year. That'll probably take the cake, not this weekend or next weekend.

Edited by JB33