aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

The dark knight-10/10

The Avengers-9.5/10.0

Jurassic World-8.0/10.0

The Force Awakens-6.0/10.0

Rogue One-6.5/10.0

Batb-9.0/10.0

Forgot about Titanic 

7.0/10.0

Edited by KJsooner

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

First off, I am more interested in the actuals Monday than the projected for the weekend.

I'm interested to see if Coco has another insane Sunday hold. Though a 27M second weekend would be excellent. 

On the Cameron front, i'm another one of the wierdos that didn't like Titanic or Avatar.

I feel asleep watching Titanic, one of the most boring movies i've ever seen, especially the first act.

Avatar just didn't do much for me. The visuals were nice, but if you take away the 3D is a mediocre story with mediocre acting.

Loved his action films though. i'd probably rank them the same way as MCKillswitch

It's not weird to dislike Avatar, it was nothing more than Pocahontas Dances with Smurfs in Ferngully with bad acting and terrible dialogue.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Ehh, i think the sequels demise will depend on its own reception, though reviews have to be better than JW by a good margin if it wants to avoid a drop similar to JP and TLW imo.

Never undererstimate the love of the people for dinosaurs eating people.

How much people liked JW (:sick:) will more likely be reflected in the OW.  How much they like the sequel will determine legs.

Dinosaurs still ate people in JW2 and JW3 - they still had huge drops.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

How much people liked JW (:sick:) will more likely be reflected in the OW.  How much they like the sequel will determine legs.

Dinosaurs still ate people in JW2 and JW3 - they still had huge drops.

People liked JW. It had a better multiplier than the Avengers despite opening higher (!). The hate for this movie on the Internet is non-existent in the GA. So i dont think the reception for JW will affect the OW of Fallen Kingdom that much. Marketing, promotion and reviews will be much more important.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Wow, must be a boring weekend, only 9 pages! :hahaha:

is that number for The Disaster Artist good? Seeing it later today, so hyped!

It's a great start. I imagine A24 will try pushing it into 2,000+ theaters next weekend given that the only other wide release is Just Getting Started (which is set to open in 1,750 theaters).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's a great start. I imagine A24 will try pushing it into 2,000+ theaters next weekend given that the only other wide release is Just Getting Started (which is set to open in 1,750 theaters).

Hopefully expansion goes well, that it isn't too early.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Avatar might be overrated relative to its god-like box office but it's an above average movie and a must see experience.

I wouldn't put it inside Cameron's top 5 though.

Well when the top five of a short filmography includes films like T2 and Aliens, Avatar can't really compare.