baumer

Tuesday#s TLJ 20.25M

I don't get that number at all.  Cheap Tuesday is full swing and with people still in work and school, you'd think that would give the film at least a bit of a bump on Tuesday.  This is a 6% drop.  I'm confused by this.

• Like 2

It's going to drop today by about 12-17% and then it should bump up by about 10% on Thursday but the Tuesday number might indicate that the wom on this isn't going to be as strong as other sW films before it,  Or am I just reading too much into it?

I honestly think the WoM isn't that great.

It isn't just some "trolls" who genuinely dislike the movie.

I have so many friends who are SW fans who posted how much they disliked the movie on social media. I am in Singapore so I doubt my friends care much about Rotten Tomatoes or Trolling.

Let me talk abt international box office, as an Asian, this SW movie doesn't have Donnie Yen unlike Rogue One, so a lot of casuals are not keen in seeing it.

I foresee Jumanji WTTJ beating it in many Asian markets this coming weekend.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

It's going to drop today by about 12-17% and then it should bump up by about 10% on Thursday but the Tuesday number might indicate that the wom on this isn't going to be as strong as other sW films before it,  Or am I just reading too much into it?

It's certainly a possible scenario. I mean, TFA had a similar drop on Tuesday and then increased on Wednesday, but that doesn't seem to be a fitting comparison for this movie.

I guess it is still a bit too early to talk about where the legs are heading, but it certainly isn't exceeding expectations so far.

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

You are reading too much into it. Didn't Rogue One also drop on the first Tuesday?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

You are reading too much into it. Didn't Rogue One also drop on the first Tuesday?

Yea, but this is a 6% drop.   I don't think I'm reading too much into it.  I just don't see why it would fall that much.

3 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

I’ll start getting worried if the CD bump is minimal over what it did yesterday. 

Well, I guess Christmas Day and Boxing Day will be interesting.  I just find this a little strange.

Note there have only been two Star Wars films made since discount Tuesdays started back in 2006. Both TFA and Rogue One declined on their first Tuesdays so this is not functioning outside those parameters in the series. But I do find it interesting that the divisive nature of this film did not prompt an uptick this time from the general public to see what all the fuss was over. That's a bit surprising to me. Fatigue may be setting in since we get these films almost every year now. 

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

Shouldn't this have got like a 25% boost for cheap Tuesdays?

This time of year, I think a slight increase is more like it.