grim22

Thursday #s: TLJ 17.8M, Jumanji 7.55M, TGS 2.1M

1 minute ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Unless the Avatar sequels pull some crazy James Cameron bullshit and nullify all the comps. :ph34r:

Well 2020 is the next Super Christmas, so the drops should play similarly to TFA's day business

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Well after Titanic and Avatar, we cannot doubt him ever again. :D

I just hope that nobody is disappointed when Avatar 2 doesnt break all the records. I think this one slogan "Not a Record" would witness a revival in that case :lol:

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

After this year, Christmas won't be falling on a Monday again until 2028 :ohmygod: I can't imagine what the box office (or worse: I) will be like in 11 years :ohmygod: 

Worldwide all-time:

01. Wolf Warriors 4
02. Wolf Warriors 5
03. Wolf Warriors 3
04. Wolf Warrior and the Mermaid on the Monster Hunt
05. Abadah

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

Posted this in Wednesday thread, but it's better being here.

Assuming Deadline is close with 17.5 for Thursday, I'll undercut and assume 17 for these predictions.

Thursday 17.0

Friday 27.88 (+64%)

Saturday 37.64 (+35%)

Sunday 30 (-20%)

Monday 54 (+80%)

And what are you basing these figures on?

Just looking at your Christmas Day figure alone brings up red flags. TFA's Christmas Day was only $49m, and TLJ is running further and further behind TFA each day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

After this year, Christmas won't be falling on a Monday again until 2028 :ohmygod: I can't imagine what the box office (or worse: I) will be like in 11 years :ohmygod: 

I'm gonna be 31 come Christmas 2028. That's the scariest thought I've had all day.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Just looking at your Christmas Day figure alone brings up red flags. TFA's Christmas Day was only $49m, and TLJ is running further and further behind TFA each day.

His Sunday drop is way too low.  That will be a 50%ish drop based on past Sunday's with a similar calendar.

2 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Not to mention Christmas on a Friday is pretty different from a Monday. I know of at least one company that is screwing their employees and making them come to work on Tuesday the 26th (or use their vacation/PTO if they want off). This company has over 3,600 employees.

The situation described above does not happen for Christmas Friday, when people can go to late shows just the same as they would on a normal Friday or Saturday.

Just now, AndyK said:

My original $650m prediction is going to be correct and people questioned my sanity.

Mind you, even I thought it was mad.

My prediction was $190M-$195M for the 3-day and $680M-$690M total. I was dead wrong on the former. It exceeded those expectations.

Walking out of The Last Jedi based on my audience reaction, I honestly wondered "Christ, will this match Rogue One?!"

10 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Combination of JW and TFA. Figured Christmas Day will be somewhere between +60-80% and went with 80.

It's been behaving similar to JW so far, except TLJ's Thursday looks better. The weekend is going to be rough to predict so I compared JW to TFA to get a prediction.

6 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

My prediction was $190M-$195M for the 3-day and $680M-$690M total. I was dead wrong on the former. It exceeded those expectations.

Walking out of The Last Jedi based on my audience reaction, I honestly wondered "Christ, will this match Rogue One?!"

The funniest scenario would be if TLJ got like a 2.995x for 658.9m and fails to sink Titanic because of the recent 20th Anniversary re-release that added like 600k.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2023 will have a Christmas Monday.