grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Everyone says it will jump because of 1983 and 2005. Not convinced this will happen. There won’t be a Vader bump like with Sith. 

Yep and no "one last time" marketing campaign either.

It will be in fact the exact opposite, GA at large will know by the release of  Ep9 Star Wars has become a one movie per year affair and the novelty, rush factor etc won't be there anymore.

Star Wars will slowly become "just" another franchise.

Oh and like I said, the blind fanboys will slowly but surely see the light about TLJ and they will realize by 2019 what TLJ really is : a tragedy of writing and story-telling that would be in fact a great example for a crash course in screenwriting classes  as a what to NEVER do in a movie when you write a script.

The Last Jedi is awful writing 101 in all its glory.

This movie will be remembered for sure,  as a cautionary tale.

:rock:

Edited by The Futurist

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lesson learned 

Put in some fan service like rogue one like Vader and this would have clear 750 million lol

SW is a franchise with such a huge fanbase, serving fans is scope of director's duty inevitably, he can make some original film if he doesn't want to please fans....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

If it somehow finishes just over/under $650M DOM, I think the Rian Johnson trilogy is toast.

No unlike other studios Disney doesn't panic at the first sign of "trouble".

• Like 1

Just now, DARth DAR said:

I say this not having seen the film yet but I guarantee what Johnson and the story group came up with is better 99.9999999999999% of any fan head cannon

Read the comment sections under any TLJ YT review. Actually, it would cause significant brain damage to you, but you would see what some fans wanted this movie to do.

Im so fucking glad Star Wars Fans dont get to write SW movies. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, DARth DAR said:

I say this not having seen the film yet but I guarantee what Johnson and the story group came up with is better 99.9999999999999% of any fan head cannon

You should really just go see the movie.

How long before the upcoming  Kathy Kennedy Press release about the next Rian Johson trilogy and how it is not "Star Wars-y enough" to her taste ?

3 days ?

3 weeks ?

3 months ?

Place your bets, folks !

:hahaha:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1