grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Yes, the first set of weekdays was depressed because there were far less schools out for TLJ. Every day of the run of TLJ till now was a bit depressed because of the calendar with the exception of its OW and its second Friday (and maybe Saturday). This all changes tomorrow, in a big way.

I don't think it's so simple. Yes, the fact that many schools were not out had some effect on the last week run, but it's just a part of the 'problem', we should not forget that this is the sequel for the biggest domestic smash ever, so some decrease is obvious and expected, but what is not expected is at best average WOM.
And if schools problem will be fixed next week, average WOM is not going anywhere.:hahaha:

48 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im done with people not getting that Christmas Eve is depressing TLJ 2nd weekend. So many people here have explained how this Christmas weekend works and they still cant shut up about TLJ "bad second weekend drop".

I agree. It seems some want to push  the wom angle affecting it more than it is and ignore that TLJ has performed similarly to 2006. 

• Like 1

Lol at some people thinking TLJ has no chance to $ 700M

It's at $ 365M right now, should do $ 105-115M in weekdays next week [more is still possible], and $ 68M next weekend

Probably will be at $ 540-550M or even more by next Sunday

Rogue One is at $ 424M by January 1st, and make $ 109M more for a $ 533M finish

TLJ could do better, especially considering it will have people out of school / work in first week of 2018

Of course TLJ could finish with $ 660 - 670M, but $ 700M is still a high possibility

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

What are you even talking about!???? Im so confused why your mad. 

How does this have ANYTHING to do with the film being good or not. 

Oh I was just messing with Han and the other Orlando people. It's a Florida thing. Longstanding rivalry between Miami and Orlando etc. Just joking around. I guess it won't make sense to non-Floridians so it was dumb to post. I actually think it's a great and authentic piece of setting. Didn't love the movie though, sadly.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, EpicBoom23 said:

I don't think it's so simple. Yes, the fact that many schools were not out had some effect on the last week run, but it's just a part of the 'problem', we should not forget that this is the sequel for the biggest domestic smash ever, so some decrease is obvious and expected, but what is not expected is at best average WOM.
And if schools problem will be fixed next week, average WOM is not going anywhere.:hahaha:

Movie has great word of mouth. No matter how desperately you and others try to spin it. Looking forward to your disappearance when over the next two days alone it grosses would it did this weekend, never mind the rest of the week and then next weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh I was just messing with Han and the other Orlando people. It's a Florida thing. Longstanding rivalry between Miami and Orlando etc. Just joking around. I guess it won't make sense to non-Floridians so it was dumb to post. I actually think it's a great and authentic piece of setting. Didn't love the movie though, sadly.

hahah oh ok, my bad lol. 

• Like 1

Deadline's updating with it's own 4-day numbers. I just calculated the Monday based on difference.

Looks like 4-days are officially released. But haven't seen an individual Monday daily chart.

1.  Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (DIS), 4,232 theaters / $24.7M Fri /$29.1M Sat/ $14.6M Sun/3-day cume: $68.4M (-69%)/4-day: $100.6M/Total:$397.2M/ Wk 2 Monday: 32.2 (+120.5%)

2.  Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle  (SONY), 3,765 theaters / $12.46M Fri / $14.8M Sat/ $6.6M Sun/3-day cume: $33.9M/4-day: $49M/Total: $65.2M/ Wk 1 Monday: 16.2 (+145.5%)

3. Pitch Perfect 3  (UNI), 3,447 theaters / $10.6M Fri  (includes $2.1M previews)/$6.7M Sat/ $3.2M Sun/ 3-day cume: $20.5M/4-day: $27M/ Wk 1 Monday: 6.5 (+103.1%)

4. The Greatest Showman  (FOX), 3,006 theaters / $3.1M Fri /$3.5M Sat/$2M Sun/ 3-day cume: $8.6M/4-day: $13.6M/Total: $18.1M/Wk 1 Monday: 5.0 (+125%)

MORE….

http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/

Edited by a2knet

49 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Get Out, The Post, and Dunkirk gonna be a very very high grossing top three for the Oscars, but keep sticking it to the snowflakes SJWs or the pretentious critics or the liberals or whatever the dumbass anti-Oscar narrative is this year.

The Post isn't going to be a box-office smash.

1 minute ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Not the 69 I was looking for, but I'll take it.

1.  Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (DIS), 4,232 theaters / $24.7M Fri /$29.1M Sat/ $14.6M Sun/3-day cume: $68.4M (-69%)/4-day: $100.6M/Total:$397.2M/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Movie has great word of mouth. No matter how desperately you and others try to spin it. Looking forward to your disappearance when over the next two days alone it grosses would it did this weekend, never mind the rest of the week and then next weekend. 

It's easy to check, let's wait for a few days and see who will disappear ;)
Oh yeah, about 'great word of mouth' probably that's why RT and IMDB slowly going down, I bet there is an organize group of people, probably around  1-2k heads who creating endless fake accounts to donwvote LJ, or not ...

1 hour ago, Caladbolg said:

I agree. It seems some want to push  the wom angle affecting it more than it is and ignore that TLJ has performed similarly to 2006. 

looking at 2006. it needs to average Saturdays total of 29m for the next 8 days thru the 1st and reach 600m.  it will then reach 700m+ for a weak 3.2 to 3.3 OW multi. below hobbit 123 and SW 7 and 3.5.

I think WoM plays a part. 580m on the 1st and 700m is missed. Just  3.1x.  very bad multi for that release date, signifying poor WoM was the case

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1