grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

With that XMas day number, I think it's safe to say we've now reached the backlash to the backlash to the backlash stage of the conversation 'round these parts (yes that does actually make sense). Probably won't go too much deeper than that on the 'round and 'round we merry-go-round.  Not unless this stage of the backlash goes overboard on its comments.  But that probably won't hap...

30 minutes ago, Hades said:

WB should  move Wonder Woman 2 back to December 2019. Co -existence is possible .Not much to fear now. Episode 9 will do Rogue one numbers or lower. 

Carry on then! RebWGyw.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Still at least it’ll hit $200M. Aside from it and DM3, animation sucked this year. Next year should rebound.

Yup, we both made a really good call - although I didn't expect Coco to get to 200m so it is exceeding my expectations (at the beginning of the year)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Nah, "bargaining" would be "If TLJ increases today, it might be okay" (the word 'might' being the biggest tell).  I think there's better examples of that in this thread than me observing that this run has been rollercoasterish in nature. :)

It is a roller coaster, and we're in the part where it's plateaued.

Just now, Porthos said:

Carry on then! RebWGyw.png

Its hilarious to see people predicting the gross for a movie that is 2 years from now without having any idea of the story, marketing or promotion. I want to see the future too, where can i get that magic wisdom?

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

sorry but MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE BEING A HIT LMAO sorry it's too funny let me catch my breath

Sony can surprise people. Besides is it different from others thinking Mortal Engines might be a hit

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yup, we both made a really good call - although I didn't expect Coco to get to 200m so it is exceeding my expectations (at the beginning of the year)

Same here about Coco. 2018 should be solid and 2019 could be as big as 2016.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

and there we go!!

'Last Jedi' Scores 77th Biggest 4-Day Box Office Weekend Ever

@robcain ire never disappoints. 

If he had looked at 2nd weekends it would have been a sensible comparison.

If he wanted to harp on Last Jedi could have said that BATB's 3-day 2nd weekend of 91 is not far behind TLJ's 4-day of 99 despite an extra day and a bigger 220 vs 175 ow.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1