grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Instant death? Ehhh. Theaters will get rid of Father Figures before Downsizing. It's definitely dropping 55-60%+ on MLK weekend though.

Father Figures is doing so bad that it'll likely lose showtimes starting next weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

It’s not the fact that it’s mismarketed.  It’s the fact that it’s a boring, meandering, pointless, overlong, and terribly paced mess that’s also kind of fucking racist

I haven't seen it. I was just hearing the mismarketing complaints. 

Google says Father Figure's prod budget is 25m. With 7 4-day it should cross 20m dom. Don't know what it will do OS or how many markets it releases but won't loose much for WB I think once auxiliary revenue is included. Don't think they must have spend much on marketing (especially if it's not getting a big OS release).

Just now, ReyReyBattery said:

If The Post makes at least 65M, the combined domestic gross of all Spielberg's films (adjusted) will reach 10B. That's kinda fun.

Less fun if you look at it unadjusted, but hey.

Bridge of Spies is a good comp for The Post. Hope it goes over.

• Like 2