grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

Those are the reasons I loved TLJ. What a bold and subversive film. Too bad it probably won't have the legs to beat Avatar. 

Completely agree about the movie itself. RJs choices were great and will open up the main Saga movies to new characters and fresher story lines going forward instead of always having to live in the past. 

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think unlike TLJ, Episode 9 will have to sell itself to 220 million opening weekend then go on autopilot. 

I am also sure JJ will make a film that people will mostly Unlike Rian Hack Johnson. 

But Abrams, the biggest hack in Hollywood, is not going to ever make a better movie than TLJ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Rian will not be fired, everyone in Disney / LucasFilm loved work with him and loved what he made in TLJ, that's why they gave him a entire trilogy.

Still, given the way Disney has treated their SW directors, Johnson will be to lucky to remain in charge by the end of the first movie - nevermind the trilogy.

:sparta:

• Like 1

I got Supreme Leader, who is #1, so TLJ is still #1 which we knew, and then BB8 rolling so TLJ rolling to $8... then 14 Jedi with lightsabers, maybe 15 total, so I'm going with $81.4 million Christmas Eve, a new all time record for a non-opening day, and that's why it ends with the jet flying high -- flying high above the competition. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

27 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Just wait until Titanic 2 comes out, that's gonna be YUGE. Jack and Rose in the afterlife, it's like Coco meets Titanic, what's not to love?

It would make more than TLJ thats for sure.

39 minutes ago, The Greatest Rth said:

2 fingers

bb8

5th SW film released

-------

r2d2

28.5-30.5

EDIT: ignoring the image after "-----" cuase i used it in jumanji's calculation, just 28.5

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1