a2k

Wednesday Numbers: TLJ $5.1 million

1 minute ago, NoLegMan said:

I mean it's not holding like 2006. it hasn't the entire time, I'm not sure why you would expect it to next week.

So you expect it to hold much better than those films when it has actually performed worse than many of them in the daily holds. I'm giving it a 70% drop from this Tuesday to next Tuesday. It could be worse, could be closer to 80% like Night at the Museum and Charlotte's Web.

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So you expect it to hold much better than those films when it has actually performed worse than many of them in the daily holds. I'm giving it a 70% drop from this Tuesday to next Tuesday. It could be worse, could be closer to 80% like Night at the Museum and Charlotte's Web.

Just so you know this Tuesday to next Tuesday Eragon. dropped  -79.2%

2 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Just so you know this Tuesday to next Tuesday Eragon. dropped  -79.2%

If the drop is that harsh, it will be a $1.65m gross while Avengers was over $3.25m, TFA was $3.8m, and JW was $4.8m on Day 26. I think TLJ will be around $2.5 million. It's going to have numbers more similar to Rogue One the rest of the way after the holiday boost ends on Thursday.

2 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

-74.2% from Tuesday to Tuesday for We are Marshall
-78.5% For Night at the Museum 
-68.4%  for the pursuit of happiness

-82.9% for CW

basically, if it does a 70% drop it holds better.

If the drop is 70% from Tuesday to Tuesday, you are looking at $2.36m for the day and falling behind Rogue One ($2.53m) the rest of the way. If that scenario plays out, it will go under 630 in the end and possibly under The Avengers' domestic gross.

Critic 1:Good to see you again my friend, it sure is nice of Disney to fly us out here and pay for our hotels. What did you think of the film?

Critic 2: Erm.. ye. It was great ;). See you at the capehero56 premier.

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

THe goal post moving for TLJ is astonishing from easily over 800 three weeks ago to saying nah 600 would be amazing. No one thought an under 3 multiplier would happen now it is pretty much guaranteed and I'm still saying it will be lower than TA 

I am not sure who the hell said it would hit 800 million, sounds like some BS.

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If the drop is 70% from Tuesday to Tuesday, you are looking at $2.36m for the day and falling behind Rogue One ($2.53m) the rest of the way. If that scenario plays out, it will go under 630 in the end and possibly under The Avengers' domestic gross.

I'm going 65% but I could end up being wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, NoLegMan said:

I am not sure who the hell said it would hit 800 million, sounds like some BS.

BOM reporter said at least 750 was safe and could go up to 831. I think he was nuts for applying TFA's multiplier to get that 831 number. It never really had a chance to match TFA legs. But a shitload of people here agreed with the BOM guy that 750 should happen.

With the second Friday "early estimate" we had people going off the deep end predicting it to blow past Avatar's 760 total and push closer to 800. The early Friday number turned out to be way too high and it has never recovered from that like we hoped. Christmas Day/Boxing Day a lot of us thought at least $70m for those days combined (possibly $80m). It made $55m. And so forth...

Critic 1: This one wasn't great, I'm nervous.. but I think I'm going to give this one a bad review. What do you think?

Critic 2 was looking at their phone

Critic 2: Sorry I didn't catch that, hey did you see that Fox and Disney are merging. Disney will have 40% market share! I'm sorry what were you saying?

Critic 1: erm.. nothing important

• Like 1
  • Haha 1