DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

On 22/02/2018 at 4:58 AM, RRA said:

I'm baffled seeing people online trying to argue he's a hero. Despite his words about helping to liberate other people, he's a nihilistic guy with despotic traits. (I mean he outright says he's launching the Wakanda Empire.)

+1. The man literally said he wanted to kill people and their children for the crimes of their ancestors. He was a genocidal lunatic - the world (MCU) is better off without him and I'm glad he died. 

9 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

My dream in life is too shoot my 1947 adventure movie I wrote. Its my DREAMMMMMMMM. Shooting in Hong Kong, Australia, and Ethiopia. I DREAM of shooting on location in Ethiopia, I have a folder full of locations and places to get ariel shots, montage footage, and so forth. Its my dream and seeing a fake jungle every single shot in a movie crushes my soul.  You gotta intercut at least between wide extensions but close ups and mediums on locations. 

You have a good dream.

Edited by Wrath
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

My dream in life is too shoot my 1947 adventure movie I wrote. Its my DREAMMMMMMMM. Shooting in Hong Kong, Australia, and Ethiopia. I DREAM of shooting on location in Ethiopia, I have a folder full of locations and places to get ariel shots, montage footage, and so forth. Its my dream and seeing a fake jungle every single shot in a movie crushes my soul.  You gotta intercut at least between wide extensions but close ups and mediums on locations. 

Ethiopia is freakin stunning. Dallol alone is just insane. It could stand in for another planet let alone fantasy country. Of course, we don't know the logistics. I guess it's cheaper to create fake environment than shoot on some locations. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scoobysaurus said:

+1. The man literally said he wanted to kill people and their children for the crimes of their ancestors. He was a genocidal lunatic - the world (MCU) is better off without him and I'm glad he died. 

People love Joker, Vader, Dr Doom, Magneto, Loki, etc.

They are all mass murderers.

Do you think these characters shouldn't exist in future movies?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

People love Joker, Vader, Dr Doom, Magneto, Loki, etc.

They are all mass murderers.

Do you think these characters shouldn't exist in future movies?

These guys have redeeming arcs though 

47 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

These guys have redeeming arcs though 

You are pretty forgiving with Vader.  The guy killed thousands if not millions of innocent people, including children and he gets redeemed when his son doesn't finish the job to kill him...

that's like saying Hitler was not bad because just before he died, he saved a puppy from drowning. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, langer said:

You are pretty forgiving with Vader.  The guy killed thousands if not millions of innocent people, including children and he gets redeemed when his son doesn't finish the job to kill him...

that's like saying Hitler was not bad because just before he died, he saved a puppy from drowning. 

The issue I have is Luke Forgive his dad for all that but

Luke wanted to kill his nephew for crimes he did not commit yet either ^^^^ :hahaha:

Oh Rian Johnson, why did you direct Star Wars. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Luke wanted to kill his nephew for crimes he did not commit yet either ^^^^ :hahaha:

I think that the difference between Vader and Ben is that Luke saw Ben as his personal failure and thus was harsher on him for a second. It's kind of like a projected anger, he wanted to strike himself for failing but projected himself on Ben. OTOH, he had no part in Vader's fall and therefore could afford to be idealistic and full of forgiveness and optimism. In short, Vader wasn't his responsibility while Ben was. I get what was RJ trying to do but I also understand why it didn't work for everyone. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Killing a few people (half of the  fellow villains) is worse than killing a fully populated planet?

How?

21 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

:ph34r: ...Wow you're hate-on for TLJ is pretty hilarious, and totally inappropriate for the thread we're in.

• Like 5

And Killmonger is just as justified as Magneto. He knows the evils of imperialism inside/out.

Vader killed children, blew up a planet and turned the galaxy into a fascist regime because he had a bad dream his girl was going to die.

Loki is just a troll. So he'll enslave the Earth for lolz. And he has daddy issues.

Not sure why Killmonger stands out as more sadistic or destructive. He's simply a Magneto with no real plan beyond revolution.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Its the EXACT same street set as Saakar in Thor 3 just redressed. Some of the laziest fucking shit i've ever seen. 

I also have an issue where you can't fool me, I spot CGI far more than anyone I know or see. Anyways besides the final battle (which is all blue screen extension backgrounds and mountains)  nothing in this movie is fucking shot outdoors in a real jungle or adventure movie location. It was shot in fucking Atlanta. The movie was visually sad.  

Its hard to like a movie when every shot makes you angry, because its fake. 

I loved BP but I have to agree with you here. The CGI was depressing. Actually, Marvel is starting to get lazy with CGI in general. I ignore it because I'm having so much fun with this universe but I can't pretend it's not an issue for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandomYojimbo said:

:ph34r: ...Wow you're hate-on for TLJ is pretty hilarious, and totally inappropriate for the thread we're in.

Its not hate it is a reflection how stupid of a story Rian Johnson was telling compared to Vader Storyline.... 

The choices by the Black Panther Characters made sense while in TLJ they did not, as a result Black Panther is a much better film and will now outgross it domestically. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I really, really liked this. The acting, direction, and world-building were all great. The characters were all very well developed, and for the most part, the humor worked (I almost walked out at the “WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?” joke though).

But Killmonger...goddamn. The best way I can sum up my thoughts on him is that I felt bad for him when T’Challa struck that fatal blow. And that’s the best praise I can give to any villain. He was mistreated by the world and didn’t have the guidance to handle it correctly. He made genuinely good points, and not only did he challenge the hero physically, but mentally, emotionally, and philosophically. And in the end, he kinda won when T’Challa decided to share Wakanda’s resources with the world. This was the best kind of villain. Fleshed out, and moves both the plot and other characters into new and challenging directions.

It’s not flawless. Like I said, some of the humor didn’t work, and the CGI was lackluster. Not a huge flaw though. The pacing was a little slow at first, but once it kicked into gear, it never let up.

Well done, Coogler.

17 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Its not hate it is a reflection how stupid of a story Rian Johnson was telling compared to Vader Storyline.... 

The choices by the Black Panther Characters made sense while in TLJ they did not. 

Except your post was the first to bring up TLJ and made no effort to tie it into Black Panther.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nick64 said:

I really, really liked this. The acting, direction, and world-building were all great. The characters were all very well developed, and for the most part, the humor worked (I almost walked out at the “WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?” joke though).

But Killmonger...goddamn. The best way I can sum up my thoughts on him is that I felt bad for him when T’Challa struck that fatal blow. And that’s the best praise I can give to any villain. He was mistreated by the world and didn’t have the guidance to handle it correctly. He made genuinely good points, and not only did he challenge the hero physically, but mentally, emotionally, and philosophically. And in the end, he kinda won when T’Challa decided to share Wakanda’s resources with the world. This was the best kind of villain. Fleshed out, and moves both the plot and other characters into new and challenging directions.

It’s not flawless. Like I said, some of the humor didn’t work, and the CGI was lackluster. Not a huge flaw though. The pacing was a little slow at first, but once it kicked into gear, it never let up.

Well done, Coogler.

Except your post was the first to bring up TLJ and made no effort to tie it into Black Panther.

This issue is Killmonger redeemable? and then people said how can Vader be based on what he did.

Luke forgive him and 20 years later wanted to kill someone for something he may do. 

So the question is who is redeemable and who is not? 

It be like BP forgiving Killmonger which he sort of did and 20 years wanting to kill his son as he may be a bad king. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1