That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Ouch these numbers would easily make it the most frontloaded Thurs to Friday a Marvel film has seen. Great number overall but damn underwhelming given that Thursday number.

We all knew BP was going to have massive presales, black people really rushed out to show their support for the movie.

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

People be saying 70m now. Which actually makes it most frontloaded super hero film opening day ever. Not just Marvel.

Wait for better updates, newest source is only Gitesh 

I'm a terrible person that likes to play-act meltdowns. :D

But seriously, this is a phenomenal boxoffice anyway you slice it. And it's too early anyway. :)

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm a terrible person that likes to play-act meltdowns. :D

But seriously, this is a phenomenal boxoffice anyway you slice it. And it's too early anyway. :)

Oh I know it is. But its all relative. Great Thursday number but abysmal Friday multiplier.

Edited by eXtacy

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

BP 4 day will double WW's 100m weekend.

Makes me wonder why more women didn't rush out to see WW on OW. default_sarah.png

Wonder Woman wasn't a failure like you seem to suggest :rolleyes:

its legs more than made up for what was still a fantastic OW. 

Edited by Jonwo

Wonder Woman wasn't a failure like you seem to suggest and its legs more than made up for what was still a fantastic OW.

I never said WW failed, but I do wish it had a bigger OW even if that had meant weaker legs. Big OWs are just more exciting.

Just now, Mojoguy said:

I never said WW failed, but I do wish it had a bigger OW even if that had meant weaker legs. Big OWs are just more exciting.

Wonder Woman was likely heavily affected by the reception of BVS. If BVS had been a better film, then I think WW could have opened bigger.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Lmao.

It proves no such thing.

The alt right wants to deport all blacks and nuke Africa from orbit. They want women to make them sandwhiches and iron their tighty whites.

Black empowerment and progress is much scarier to them.

Also, the alt right were emboldened by the recent Star Wars backlash.

They're desperately hoping to fuel a BP backlash. :hahaha:

Alt right hate the new star wars movies because they say it's social justice shoved down their throats.  Villains are mostly white men. Female lead. Black male looked to be set up for a relationship with the lead in first movie.  In the recent movie the purple haired admiral became their source of hate. They also hate that a woman is in charge of the franchise.