That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Awesome Sunday number. Going to be pretty funny if this outgrosses Infinity War, which looks much more likely now than we ever expected.

Yep, but whoever wins that battle, Disney wins.  I don’t think they care about which of their $500M plus (maybe even $600M plus) grossers carries the day.

2 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

Yep, but whoever wins that battle, Disney wins.  I don’t think they care about which of their $500M plus (maybe even $600M plus) grossers carries the day.

They do. They have way more movies relating to the Avengers (characters) coming out in the next two to three years than for BP. There’s no script yet for BP 2. They need IW to be the winner. 

In my opinion, of course.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

16 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

That current logo is their best logo visually, but their best music was in front of Cap 2 and GotG 1:

I was pretty disappointed they dropped that little theme.

Edited by REC
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Well in that sense Harry Potter is even more impressive.I mean all of them (sans DH1 by 5M) reached 300M DOM/900+M WW (not adjusted for inflation).

Technically that's factually incorrect. Not all of them except one made 900M+ WW and only 3 of them crossed 300M DOM. Beyond DH1, some of them (like Azkaban and Chamber) fell far from 300M DOM, while a couple didn't make it past 900M WW. Some came very close, but close = no cigar.

That being said, Potter is obviously massively impressive. But even it didn't check these three boxes 4 times in a row, like this Phase 3 streak has. Although one can easily argue that Potter's 5 900M+ WW streak in a row is just as if not more impressive and I wouldn't disagree. But still, the point is: Marvel's current streak is amazeballs and they have to be appropriately credited.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Changed your mind on RPO being a hit?

Yeah, not seeing $200M+ anymore. I can still see it make money (say $125M-$160M) but not on the level of Panther and to a lesser extent Rampage. Should a solid third place.

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Technically that's factually incorrect. Not all of them except one made 900M+ WW and only 3 of them crossed 300M DOM. Beyond DH1, some of them (like Azkaban and Chamber) fell far from 300M DOM, while a couple didn't make it past 900M WW. Some came very close, but close = no cigar.

That being said, Potter is obviously massively impressive. But even it didn't check these three boxes 4 times in a row, like this Phase 3 streak has. Although one can easily argue that Potter's 5 900M+ WW streak in a row is just as if not more impressive and I wouldn't disagree. But still, the point is: Marvel's current streak is amazeballs and they have to be appropriately credited.

What about ticket price inflation? It is worth pointing out. Every Potter movie is over $330m adjusted for 2017 inflation.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=harrypotter.htm&adjust_yr=2017&p=.htm

As far as worldwide grosses are concerned, we all know there is a huge difference overseas now compared to 10 years ago. It's a laughable comparison to be honest.

Edited by redfirebird2008

15 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Awesome Sunday number. Going to be pretty funny if this outgrosses Infinity War, which looks much more likely now than we ever expected.

I don't see this happening at all. The Avengers: Infinity War isn't Justice League, and while Black Panther is definitely a revolution, I see Infinity War doing even more crazier numbers than already would because of Black Panther. It will be an onslaught to everything else that comes afterwasrds, including DP2 and Solo. 

16 minutes ago, portableheater said:

Hey girls, made an acc to add to the conversation. IMO the reason we did not see this coming has one name: representation. People love to bitch and complain when minorities demand media to accurately show the diversity that exits in the real world. shocking. the same people that complain when something - that they like - is not "true to the comics". But lets see if Deadpool is fucking with men, these salty girls with have a temper tantrum. the same mfs that say "I don't care about the gender, race or sexual orientation of a character, i care about good stories", but lets see what they would feel if e-ve-ry character was a gay-black-transwomen. They'd probably lose it. Ok after this rant =P, let me show why, even if you are one of these girls that a mention, you should want minority representation in film - if you want your fav movie to succeed. 

youtube.com/watch?v=abSc5wLOqBM&feature=youtu.be&t=6m47s

Interesting.  

I edited your post to make it less offensive.  Try to be a little less salty and you'll fit in nicely here.  :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah, not seeing $200M+ anymore. I can still see it make money (say $125M-$160M) but not on the level of Panther and to a lesser extent Rampage. Should a solid third place.

I can see Rampage and RPO being neck and neck which is fine for WB because they involved in both. It should be Spielberg's biggest film domestically since Lincoln and his first film to debut at number 1 since Indiana Jones 4. 

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

None of these films are originals. :jeb!:

The Hunger Games is an original film.  I'm not talking about material that comes from a novel, I mean it's the first in the series.