That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

I see the Dc vs Marvel stuff popped up again.  *sigh*

anyway, like baumer said while I am not as crazy about BP as some are here, the numbers are incredible and I always like big numbers like this.  So well done BP and congrats :) 

• Like 2

Just realised that BP didn in 4 days what a freaking JL film did in its entire run.I won't believe for a second that these DC  icons coming together for the first time could's pull off the same numbers as BP but WB's mishandling of them butchered their potential.

They are lucky they still have Wonder Woman still burning bright and have one more shot to make these characters justice.Hopefully Aquaman and Shazam will be good so people give them a chance as well.Ι mean i loved most of these DC outing (SS was just :gold:) but even i was mad with JL being just a generic popcorn flick (thank god for the characters being perfect in it).

GO Black Panther!Boseman is a dreamboat, isn't he? #nohomo :sparta:

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I dont really follow comics but I think Nolan's batman films don't belong to DCEU, do they?

No, they don't. But they still are SH films.

Anyway, BP is probably outgrossing TDK, and will become the biggest solo SH film ever in US, what is already incredible.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think we're giving Marvel as a brand far too much credit here

It's hard not to give them credit when they've literally had 4 movies in a row reach 100M+ OW/300M+ DOM/850M+ WW. Star Wars is the only franchise that has ever come close to achieving that (as Revenge Of The Sith just missed out on 850M WW). Make that 5 actually cause there's no chance Infinity War misses out on either of those three.

If DC released Black Panther right now instead of Marvel, it would probably open at maybe 150-170M, but not 200M+ 3-day alone. That's not just the cultural event status coming right through: that's audience trust in the brand.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Great post, but I don't think you understand what an original film is. 

Thanks. 

But I know what you are getting at. I'm just saying that Black Panther isn't a sequel and Beauty and the Beast is a live action retelling of an animated classic.  I understand that it's not original in the true sense of the word.  But it is the first live action telling of the story.  I guess I should have just taken that one out all together.  

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It's hard not to give them credit when they've literally had 4 movies in a row reach 100M+ OW/300M+ DOM/850M+ WW. Star Wars is the only franchise that has ever come close to achieving that (as Revenge Of The Sith just missed out on 850M WW). Make that 5 actually cause there's no chance Infinity War misses out on either of those three.

If DC released Black Panther right now instead of Marvel, it would probably open at maybe 150-170M, but not 200M+ 3-day alone. That's not just the cultural event status coming right through: that's audience trust in the brand.

Well in that sense Harry Potter is even more impressive.I mean all of them (sans DH1 by 5M) reached 300M DOM/900+M WW (not adjusted for inflation).

13 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Just realised that BP didn in 4 days what a freaking JL film did in its entire run.I won't believe for a second that these DC  icons coming together for the first time could's pull off the same numbers as BP but WB's mishandling of them butchered their potential.

They are lucky they still have Wonder Woman still burning bright and have one more shot to make these characters justice.Hopefully Aquaman and Shazam will be good so people give them a chance as well.Ι mean i loved most of these DC outing (SS was just :gold:) but even i was mad with JL being just a generic popcorn flick (thank god for the characters being perfect in it).

GO Black Panther!Boseman is a dreamboat, isn't he? #nohomo :sparta:

Wonder Woman being so successful and JL not doing so well is a good thing because it means WB knows what they need to do for the future DC films. 

It's just incredible that both a black superhero film and a female superhero film has become huge successes and putting rivalry aside, that something both studios should be proud of. 

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

A Wrinkle in Time will do 100M DOM. Same with Rampage. That will be it until Infinity War.

I think Ready Player One will be a success, I know people seem to be hating on it but I it could quite well. 

• Like 2

Hey girls, made an acc to add to the conversation. IMO the reason we did not see this coming has one name: representation. People love to bitch and complain when minorities demand media to accurately show the diversity that exits in the real world. shocking. the same people that complain when something - that they like - is not "true to the comics". But lets see if Deadpool is fucking with men, these salty girls with have a temper tantrum. the same mfs that say "I don't care about the gender, race or sexual orientation of a character, i care about good stories", but lets see what they would feel if e-ve-ry character was a gay-black-transwomen. They'd probably lose it. Ok after this rant =P, let me show why, even if you are one of these girls that a mention, you should want minority representation in film - if you want your fav movie to succeed. 

youtube.com/watch?v=abSc5wLOqBM&feature=youtu.be&t=6m47s