That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

I don't understand sorry. You posted a chart that said Black Panther had previews as a smaller % of its OW than civil war and avengers. But that's just speculation because we don't have any numbers.

It's not speculation, it is actual, numerical data from real presales that show that on the OW, it has sold more on Saturday and Sunday than CW and AoU.  This is already a clear sign of not being as front loaded.  

But sure, let's wait and see what happens.  I can admit when I'm wrong, can you?

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if BP2 will be 2021 or will Marvel fast track it for November 6th 2020? I suspect it'll be May 1st 2021.

I hope it's 2021 because then Coogler will definitely have time to shoot his Atlanta test scores movie - or something else, whatever he wants - before returning to the Marvel system.

Same reason I want a Valkyrie/Hulk spinoff (or Thor 4) from Waititi for 2020.

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We can all agree that Thor 2 and Incredible Hulk are the worst MCU movies, right? Most people often tend to forget the existence of the latter (for understandable reasons).

Thor 2 sure. I didn't mind TIH back in 2008. Based on memories I'd probably put it above Ultron and Civil War too because at least it's not 4 hours long. I also enjoyed it more then than I did the first Thor and Ant-Man years later.

Edited by Jake Gittes

Just now, Blank Panther said:

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy poaches both Coogler and Waititi from Marvel. She's already expressed interest in the latter, and Black Panther at points feels like a REALLY GOOD audition reel for Star Wars.

Only to fire them halfway through filming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blank Panther said:

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy poaches both Coogler and Waititi from Marvel. She's already expressed interest in the latter, and Black Panther at points feels like a REALLY GOOD audition reel for Star Wars.

55c.png

i like them both too much for that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Makes me interested to see what Marvel does next. I'm looking forward to all their films, and even some of DC's (never thought I'd see an Aquaman film). It's a great time to be a comic book fan, that's for sure.

I'm curious as well, BP2 is a cert as is GOTG3 and Doctor Strange 2, it's the originals I'm wondering what it'll be. My guess is Fantastic Four in 2021 or 2022, Namor and something else, it's difficult to guess because they've used most of the ones I can think of.  

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

There's only so many Star Wars movies they can have in development at one point in time. This isn't like DC where they throw 50 different movie projects out there and we only end up getting 2 or 3 of them.

I don't think Lucasfilm will ever want to move to a 3-Star-Wars-movies-per-year schedule.

• Like 1