Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Feb 20): BP- 20.9 PR - 1.9 FSF - 1.6

Just now, IronJimbo said:

People in the Last Jedi threads made the point to crucify anyone saying it's drop was massive, they said that not all schools were out.

oh yeah, I remember that well. Half the people saying it's crumbling because the WOM is terrible, the other half making up excuses for why the drops were so bad, every single day.

But I dont actually know whether it's considered holiday in USA.

• Like 2

I'm not lowering my expectations for domestic total for this movie, but for the first week or so we have to realize it's going to continue to have absurd, unprecedented traction in a few places (like what I'm seeing locally) while it will play like a usual Marvel movie in others so the numbers will be a blend of that.  Eventually the composition of a day's sales will see a very large proportion coming from GA, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, etc and the drops will become tiny.

• Like 1

Two days left to vote in the Most Anticipated Movies thread this week

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/?page=330

After Black Panther swept every week of the year so far, it's shaping up to be a close three-way battle this week between Incredibles, Annihilation, and Avengers. (Just make sure to limit your votes to movies coming out in the next 52 weeks.)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

School is out right now in many east coast cities. So the December comparison as far as this week goes aren’t too far fetched.

Why would schools be out? Just curious.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Will be nice to see two of the worst MCU releases (AoU and IM3) finally get knocked out of the #2 and #3 spots in the franchise. 

meh, all the films are pretty crappy, exception of the first gotg

• Disbelief 2

4 hours ago, Alexiswills12 said:

Only 15 million between conservative and strong projections?

I say 20 Tuesday, 19 Wednesday, 18 Thursday, 35 Friday, 50 Saturday, 35 Sunday.

6GbZa_s-200x150.gif

Much to learn you still have :yoda:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

top grossing domestic super hero film of all time maybe, after all we don't call TFA the highest grossing film of all time, that's Avatar.

It’s clear from the numbers he mentioned that he’s discussing the domestic box office. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1