grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

23 minutes ago, AJG said:

I urge people to watch Book of Henry without reading a synopsis or watching a trailer. A truly perplexing piece of nonsense.

My best friend and I do bad movie nights, and we were in hysterics when we got to the plot twist. Genuinely baffled a script like that, a script that probably went through tons of approval checks, had people going "yeah this is fine, go make a movie."

19 minutes ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

My best friend and I do bad movie nights, and we were in hysterics when we got to the plot twist. Genuinely baffled a script like that, a script that probably went through tons of approval checks, had people going "yeah this is fine, go make a movie."

My friend and I also put this on for bad movie night, to mostly great success. The only thing preventing it from entering the rotation of go-to bad movies is you really gotta have a high tolerance for insufferable genius kids lol. I was not up to that task for many scenes, so it's not something I can ever watch again.

But I think most people should see it at least once.

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

My friends come back from the preview and said this is on par with first JW. And they think it is step up form FK because FK tried to sell a story that all dinosaur action happened in a mansion but JWD feel more epic. 

HOPE

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Edward Douglas’s review of the film is very positive.

There are still some critics who did give JW: Dominion positive reviews. So this film is not entering TF4-reception. Yeah, Dominion’s critical reception might be average, but not the bottom worst of all huge blockbusters.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

JP2 is full of annoying characters, JP3 is just bad, and Fallen Kingdom really went off the rails.

Jurassic Park is a classic and Jurassic World is very entertaining and often hilarious B-movie thrills.  Thats all you need, Dino fans should be happy with that.

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I’m one of the few people who liked FK. These movies are not going to be well received critically, but that’s okay. JW 1&2 have entertained me far more than a lot of recent summer blockbusters.

Id go so far to say that the number of people who liked Fallen Kingdom isnt small at all. Its just that on the Internet these movies are among those that get a lot of hate because its very easy to nitpick them. Most of the GA though probably doesnt care too much as long as they're just having a fun time watching dinosaur carnage.

Treverorrow is one of the luckiest, least talented people to ever acquire the massive amount of power he has without really earning any of it. It's baffling.  All because of a massively overrated indie film that has aged like warm milk.  

• Like 6

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Treverorrow is one of the luckiest, least talented people to ever acquire the massive amount of power he has without really earning any of it. It's baffling.  All because of a massively overrated indie film that has aged like warm milk.  

He did gave us one of the most entertaining and satisfying Blockbusters of the decade.

But Treverow era of Jurassic is going to end with Dominion..... Now it's time for someone else to take the reigns and carry on the legacy.

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I agree that hes not a talented writer but he directed a 1,6B movie. That gets you power in Hollywood no matter how bad or good you are at writing or directing a movie. Dollars speak the loudest.

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

He did gave us one of the most entertaining and satisfying Blockbusters of the decade.

But Treverow era of Jurassic is going to end with Dominion..... Now it's time for someone else to take the reigns and carry on the legacy.

Not really.  That movie was produced, pre-vis and also somewhat ghost directed for him.  

9 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

why does someone else need to "carry on the legacy"?

there really isn't much you can do with dinosaurs in a live action environment that hasn't already been done by the series. unless you do a proper "jump the mosasaurus" and have talking dinosaurs or something.

dinosaurs are the attraction for the audience but since they can never be characters, they are effectively part of the film's backdrop, the same as a disaster film. there are no successful disaster films that have justified a successful francise. zero.

the audience come to see a disaster film where the disaster is [asteroid] [volcano] [flood] [plague] [dinosaurs]. it's not like a monster movie where the monster (godzilla / king kong) can be a character that changes and has a story. after you've done it once, it just doesn't really justify itself a second, third, sixth time.

Edited by Avatree

8 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

A beloved/popular director that could make the next type of Jurassic movies that are critic-pleasing? You know, with reception closer to the first Jurassic Park or so?