grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The direction of FK was pretty good from memory. The film looks fantastic just the awful script held it back from being good

Fallen Kingdom is visually imo the best-looking Jurassic Park movie. Its Cinematography is beautifull, especially in the 2nd half. Even though i personally love FK, its story cant hold a candle to its visual presentation.

53 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

hyped for your reaction more than any review tbh.  Hope you have a great time. 

27 minutes ago, T-ReXXR said:

As long as @Brainbug the Dinosaur likes it I don’t really care what else happens. 

Thank you guys!

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I will be bringing 3 friends with me, possibly four, to see JWD this Saturday. That is the most I can do pal, initially was planning for IMAX but after the review, let’s settle it with standard.

I hope you and your friends enjoy it :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

I like how everyone in this thread is complaining about this movie but are still planning to see it anyway.

I am going Sunday. Give me the dinos and Sam Neill fucking. 

Sam Neill What GIF by Jurassic World

Just got back from JWD. I expected a mess but instead, I got an entertaining action-adventure film for everyone. It was a fun ride. Seeing the new and old cast together was very exciting too. Definitely enjoyed this more than FK.

• Like 1

Just now, ThePhasmid said:

Fallen Kingdom is not a good film. The second half is fill of pretentious dumb writing. A human clone who lets dinosaurs loose into the world. Even Crichton would say that plot is "reaching" a bit.

In the original novel the dinosaurs made it to the mainland as well and wreaked havoc on the agriculture. So no, this was a concept from the books. As for the human clone part, we already cloned dinosaurs, who's DNA is infinitely harder to aquire than humans which is basically on demand at this point. In fact it's more of a sin no one in universe DIDNT clone humans before that point.

14 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

In the original novel the dinosaurs made it to the mainland as well and wreaked havoc on the agriculture. So no, this was a concept from the books. As for the human clone part, we already cloned dinosaurs, who's DNA is infinitely harder to aquire than humans which is basically on demand at this point. In fact it's more of a sin no one in universe DIDNT clone humans before that point.

I suppose that's a fair point, but the way the film presented it was awfully convenient to its ridiculous plot. It's not a well written film, and is devoid of so much logic in its second half. Selling dinosaurs as weapons in a secret underground lair beneath a mansion would be better for a Roger Corman film on a low budget. That level of stupidity should have a tongue in cheek smirk to it. Have fun with it. The film didn't treat it as such. It was far too serious for its own good.

Edited by ThePhasmid

17 hours ago, eddyxx said:

The scene in the tall grass with the raptors in TLW is better than anything in the sequel trilogy.

Yep.  This is what really stick in my head above anything else from any of these movies, have only seen them all once each.  

3 hours ago, AJG said:

I like how everyone in this thread is complaining about this movie but are still planning to see it anyway.

You give money to the machine opening weekend, the machine will give you more of the same.  I know that's what we're here to talk about, but that's the reality. 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Review thread on the Jurassic Park Reddit seems mostly negative 

The Jurassic park Reddit hated the movie before the trailer dropped. People will get reported for saying positive things to the point that mods stepped in multiple times to tell people to knock it off.

there’s a reason even I don’t go there.

43 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

The Jurassic park Reddit hated the movie before the trailer dropped. People will get reported for saying positive things to the point that mods stepped in multiple times to tell people to knock it off.

there’s a reason even I don’t go there.

I agree with their view about thew new trilogy. The shit on JP3 and LW. Just look at 1st reply to below thread and it clearly says why this trilogy went south and it started with JW.

That's no metric which says that Jurassic World is not the best Jurassic movie after TLW.

Critically it is the only non rotten Jurassic movie after JP

Commercially it's the biggest success after JP

This new-found revisionist history that Reddit and Social media has created that Jurassic World sucks, new trilogy sucks is just nonsense, Jurassic World is still one of the most loved Blockbusters of last decade. 

• Like 1