grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Unfair in my opinion. With all the running Tom Cruise has practiced in the last 40 years no dinosaur woud stand a chance to catch him.

Tom Cruise in Jurassic movie directed by Nolan would end up cloning a Dinosaur in real life and then shoot the movie.

• Like 2

BBC here gave it a rave actually:

Jurassic World Dominion has regular popcorn-spilling scares, exhilarating, expertly choreographed action set pieces that would earn a tip of the baseball cap from Spielberg himself, and the numerous characters all have plenty to do. 

June 8, 2022 | Rating: 4/5 | Full Review…

And I like the sound of that! 

Glad you enjoyed it @Brainbug the Dinosaur! Just about to watch Jurassic World now. 
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Actually I am bit surprised by the RT score that come below FK since the reaction I heard so far from the people who seen the film around me thought this is an improvement over FK. 

In a wierd way my excitement has increased to watch the movie. 

If reviews were say positive, my reaction would've been ok, good, happy.

But now reviews are so bad that they are going into transformers level, I'm more excited to see the movie. 

It's weird.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Actually I am bit surprised by the RT score that come below FK since the reaction I heard so far from the people who seen the film around me thought this is an improvement over FK. 

Part of it is probably to do with the misleading marketing and build-up leading people to think they'd get a different film even if it isn't strictly worse than FK per se.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I will say, for as bad as I thought the reviews would be - I was not expecting red on MetaCritic.

You didnt? Metacritic is usually harsher than RT, so a red MetaCritic imo should have been expected.

You didnt? Metacritic is usually harsher than RT, so a red MetaCritic imo should have been expected.

BvS has a yellow on Metacritic for comparison's sake.

12 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

In a wierd way my excitement has increased to watch the movie. 

If reviews were say positive, my reaction would've been ok, good, happy.

But now reviews are so bad that they are going into transformers level, I'm more excited to see the movie. 

It's weird.

This isn't anywhere close to the kind of reviews the Transformers movies got. The main criticisms of those movies wasn't that they were boring. 

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

MetaCritic is usually harsher for the well received films. When it comes to the worst films, it's very rare that RT isn't lower. Godzilla King of the Monsters and BvS may be sporting 42% and 29% respectively on RT but they're at 48 and 44 on MC. Not even Suicide Squad got as low as red.

I must admit its playing exactly what I was told a while back by someone who saw it early. Let us see how its BO is impacted not just due to reviews/ratings but also due to the juggernaut that is dominating BO for past 2 weeks. 

China is the key for 1B WW. Let us see how they receive the movie. I dont think RT is a factor there. 

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

BvS has a yellow on Metacritic for comparison's sake.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

MetaCritic is usually harsher for the well received films. When it comes to the worst films, it's very rare that RT isn't lower. Godzilla King of the Monsters and BvS may be sporting 42% and 29% respectively on RT but they're at 48 and 44 on MC. Not even Suicide Squad got as low as red.

I was under the impression that MetaCritic is just generally harsher than RT, but those are very interesting examples. Guess well see of Dominion can get out of the red, but i doubt it. The movie has just a lot of "qualitys" that critics generally dislike.

Still, its nowhere near the level of bad as BvS or especially Suicide Squad imo. Those movies were damn near unwatchable for me personally.

• Like 2

I was under the impression that MetaCritic is just generally harsher than RT, but those are very interesting examples. Guess well see of Dominion can get out of the red, but i doubt it. The movie has just a lot of "qualitys" that critics generally dislike.

Still, its nowhere near the level of bad as BvS or especially Suicide Squad imo. Those movies were damn near unwatchable for me personally.

Not the BvS thread so I won't get into it but, for me personally huge gap between this and BvS lol.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Well at least this is good news for Top Gun

To be fair, Top Gun doesnt need to care about this or any other movie. Every other movie has to care about Top Gun at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

It's interesting that way because you'll see a lot of 85-90% movies be in the 60s on MetaCritic, but the lower the RT percentage gets, eventually the MC score will overtake it. MC may be 1-100 but it's unbelievably rare for a film to get even below 30 so the spectrum isn't as wide. We've got Morbius at 35.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Metacritic is an average so it tends to be more normalized. RT is a simple positive or negative percentage so its easier to get extremes (90+ or like single digits/teens which are pretty uncommon on MC)

Which means when the average is in the red on MC... oooooh boy. lol