baumer

Black Panther Wednesday 15 mill

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is what I also expect. I think one thing not being taken into consideration is all the groups of kids that were taken to see the film last weekend by various organizations that could have inflated it a bit for the 4 day. That's why I think these Tue/Wed drops have been harsher than something like Deadpool. 

Agree. TA's break up was 18.5 preview + 189 true OW I think and BP's is 25 + 177. So matching TA's 2nd weekend drop from true OW would itself be amazing and that gives around 95.

34 minutes ago, commendable said:

how is corporations other than disney buying tickets for kids "inflation". They thought the movie had value, so did the kids, so they purchased it for them.

Is it inflation if i buy my friends tickets?

You're misinterpreting what I mean by "inflation." It's not meant as some kind of dirty word or to imply it shouldn't count. I mean that since all those organizations that took groups of black kids last weekend made the OW bigger than it would have been otherwise. Since this weekend isn't going to have that (or at least not nearly as much of that), the weekend drop could course correct to reflect that. 

46 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

BOM overpredicted the film last weekend so it looks like they’re doing it again.

$100m should be locked though. 

3-DAY FORECAST

• Black Panther (4,020 theaters) - $185.0 M

4-DAY FORECAST

• Black Panther (4,020 theaters) - $212.0 M

Do you mean underpredicted?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Amazing Amy said:

3-DAY FORECAST

• Black Panther (4,020 theaters) - $185.0 M

4-DAY FORECAST

• Black Panther (4,020 theaters) - $212.0 M

Do you mean underpredicted?

Nice first post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AndyK said:

120 is pretty nuts.

I'm thinking 90 would be good for the weekend.

This movie won't surprised me one bit anymore.

Let me be the highest predictor, I don't care:

$132.2 million for second weekend.

I will go see myself for the first time tomorrow. And I am going basely on WOM. I had no interest (before opening weekend) and now I have to go see it.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1