baumer

Black Panther Wednesday 15 mill

What a fantastic Wednesday. Hopefully Thursday holds steady(ish) 14m sets up the weekend nicely. Should be in for a big weekend once again. 

However I expect the holdovers to get smashed this weekend due to 3 new wide releases finally taking up the smaller screens. 

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

original.gif

I'm completely hypnotized.

I just think back to Fox getting nervous and mandating less blue characters in the old Xmen movies.  Avatar is full of blue people and its the top grosser.  BP might come in second.  People like exotic, foreign sci-fi action movies with a tribal theme?

6 minutes ago, REC said:

I'm completely hypnotized.

I just think back to Fox getting nervous and mandating less blue characters in the old Xmen movies.  Avatar is full of blue people and its the top grosser.  BP might come in second.  People like exotic, foreign sci-fi action movies with a tribal theme?

Black Panther is leeching off Avatar's success?? Hmm makes sense.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 3

53 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yea Jumanji busted out those Jim Cameron legs, doesn't fit into normal multiplier curves lol

not to discount what Jumanji has achieved, but Jumanji 5 days+ 1 days stand-alone preview + eve during weekend had kind of deflate the opening weekend and avatar to be fair, had higher opening weekend number and hence, harder to hold its leg with relatively larger raw number.....  

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 3

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So about 30.5% drop from Tuesday. $14.5m is about 68% higher than Deadpool's Wednesday gross. If that pace continues it would finish at $598m.

ugh. Should have stayed under 30%.

20 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'm guessing about $14.5M today and about $29M on Friday, leading to a $100M+ 2nd weekend for BP!

Should be able to get that 29m Friday. Avengers got it on a 12m Thursday.  Hopefully BP stays in that range.

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

30.5% is still very good considering BATB dropped 35.5% and Thor 3 dropped 43%.

Oh I know. I'm just messing around. It will be close to $400m after its 2nd weekend. Couldn't ask for anything more really.  All of this is gravy.

• Like 2

hope to see this a couple more time at no cost thanks to my cinema card , damn if i had to pay 11.50euros each time i saw a movie i'd cry ....luckiy at 20 euros per month i can see as much as i want and will watch black panther to my heart's content 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ladyevenstar22 said:

hope to see this a couple more time at no cost thanks to my cinema card , damn if i had to pay 11.50euros each time i saw a movie i'd cry ....luckiy at 20 euros per month i can see as much as i want and will watch black panther to my heart's content 

That's how I feel about my moviepass card, now that there is no longer the restriction of seeing a particular movie only one time. I used it for Last Jedi on multiple occasions, and will do so for Black Panther as well.

• Like 1

pro.Bo expecting 50% drop for just below 101m (the cume is a typo. should be 393.5)

Black Panther Disney / Marvel $100,700,000 $353,500,000 -50%

If it holds this well can't see it failing to add 2x the 2nd weekend to it's cume. 550 would be the floor if it does 100 odd 2nd weekend and 600 realistic.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2